Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

I really don't know what to think.  I prefer Keegan over any of the other possible British managers.  But I really thought someone like Deschamps, who obviously wanted the job, was the way to go.  Not only would he be an exciting up and coming manager, but also the rest of the country wouldn't laugh there arses off at the appointment like they will with Keegan.  Obviously in the end what matters is how well he does, not what some tit fan of another club thinks, or the media.  But it just would have been nice, and a sign of a real change IMO, if we'd gone for someone like Deschamps.  This appointment is very much a Shepherd kind of thing, reactionary and emotional.

Underwhelmed to fuck.

Missed opportunity but it should at least be a laugh and if it raises the spirits of the crowd then that should be a good thing. Am disappointed in the professionalism of the board though as i thought they'd get someone more forward looking.

I'm telling myself they'll do what John Hall and Special K did first time round, then fucking continue on from there without the PLC/Dalglish shite.

It's like starting over again Premiership wise, but surely that isn't SUCH a negative thing?

Fuck me, I've just booked my train tickets for the weekend now, I said to my brother last week "if Keegan gets appointed then I'll come back for the Bolton game"... fucking fantastic!

Staggered.

Man who left City was a man who had fallen out of love with the game.

I don't know what has happened to light that fire again.

I can only imagine he has been promised megabucks. :weep:

This is Newcastle mate  O0

Guest Urban Fox

Who else would you let spend £30million of your money in the January window?

I bet the players are excited - they kicked off about being asked to play negative and boring footy - they can only complain about having to score 5 if the opposition score 4 now...

poor appointment i agree with the post above this is more of a sentimental appointment, either that or mort truely realised when he sacked sam there was nobody really he could get. And lets be honest he's not even the first choice. That was Redknapp

Truly gutted to be honest, not necessary for the reason  that this could be a failure as an appointment but more that theres no ambition there, its purely sentimentel.

Shepherd all over again, not happy to be honest, has he got the ability to get us near the top again?

Thought we had the manager we were after in the bag, Deschamps, Houllier the possiblities were truly endless. Keegan is a big step backwards, he's been out of football for 3 years. Football changes every year.

This is just complete proof that our club has literally gone nowhere since he last left us. We've basically just accepted that the running, management and playing style have not improved one iota and instead of looking for an appropriate solution, nostalgia had led us to this insane appointment. If they wanted us to stop  being a joke club (one can only hope), they can forget that now. I'm not going to lie that I am cheerful as I love the man but every bit of common sense and proper judgement stands against this. It only happens at Newcastle United. At least everyone might actually be happy and excited again...

My main concern is the players he had then were awesome, what we have now is tat by comparison. I can't see Viduka doing a Sir Les, Duff doing a Ginola, Barton doing a Rob Lee... I could go on all day. Oh well, at least if it goes to s*** they can genuinely say they listened to the fans and gave us what a lot of people wanted. WWAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! KKKEEEEEGGGGAAANN!!!!!!

Hmm, head says it may not be the best option, does he know any players etc now?

But can't help but be excited!!!! Really hope we get Shearer in as assistant... if we're going to be the laughing stock of the league we may as well do it properly!

Pleased...

This is just complete proof that our club has literally gone nowhere since he last left us. We've basically just accepted that the running, management and playing style have not improved one iota and instead of looking for an appropriate solution, nostalgia had led us to this insane appointment. If they wanted us to stop  being a joke club (one can only hope), they can forget that now. I'm not going to lie that I am cheerful as I love the man but every bit of common sense and proper judgement stands against this. It only happens at Newcastle United. At least everyone might actually be happy and excited again...

My main concern is the players he had then were awesome, what we have now is tat by comparison. I can't see Viduka doing a Sir Les, Duff doing a Ginola, Barton doing a Rob Lee... I could go on all day. Oh well, at least if it goes to s*** they can genuinely say they listened to the fans and gave us what a lot of people wanted. WWAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! KKKEEEEEGGGGAAANN!!!!!!

WWAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! KKKEEEEEGGGGAAANN!!!!!! WWAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! KKKEEEEEGGGGAAANN!!!!!! WWAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! KKKEEEEEGGGGAAANN!!!!!!

Guest Geordiecunny

Underwhelmed to f***.

Missed opportunity but it should at least be a laugh and if it raises the spirits of the crowd then that should be a good thing. Am disappointed in the professionalism of the board though as i thought they'd get someone more forward looking.

oh bugger off. KEEEEEEEEEEGAN

just to add to this, my dads just come in from town and was talking to beardsley today, apparently peter said 'the only thing that would make him say no to the job would be if they didnt offer him enough money to spend'

tell my i'm making it up if you like but it was said and just wanted to share