Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

So this was the blow my socks off appointment Mort was talking about!

You're not fooking wrong!

My socks have shot through the floor and killed the two Chinese children who live below me.

I have to say, it was worth it.

LOL

Lets just hope somone takes them away!

I know that's piss poor

Cant wait for him to get riled for post match interviews again!

Good man, should realyl motivate the players and bring the success that everyone in Newcastle craves, and most importantly, deserves

Im just pissed off you have a good chance of beating us at the Grove when u get past stoke now!

I've no idea what to think about this.

He's been our most successful manager in recent history so why not give him another go.

My main concern is we're trying ignite old flames, is like dating an ex when you know its doomed to fail.

Well I was hoping for someone young, fresh and sexy, but judging byt he excitement it seems the right move.

If the whole city is going to be as excited as people on here are then it could be pretty awesome. I hope Shearer joins him as I think it would be a good balance of personalities.

One things for sure, he will get a lot of money. More than anyone else who has been linked and that is pretty important.

And in closing I would like to quote Alan Oliver "I understand no appointment will be made before Saturday"  :iamatwat:

Truly gutted to be honest, not necessary for the reason  that this could be a failure as an appointment but more that theres no ambition there, its purely sentimentel.

Shepherd all over again, not happy to be honest, has he got the ability to get us near the top again?

Thought we had the manager we were after in the bag, Deschamps, Houllier the possiblities were truly endless. Keegan is a big step backwards, he's been out of football for 3 years. Football changes every year.

This is just complete proof that our club has literally gone nowhere since he last left us. We've basically just accepted that the running, management and playing style have not improved one iota and instead of looking for an appropriate solution, nostalgia had led us to this insane appointment. If they wanted us to stop  being a joke club (one can only hope), they can forget that now. I'm not going to lie that I am cheerful as I love the man but every bit of common sense and proper judgement stands against this. It only happens at Newcastle United. At least everyone might actually be happy and excited again...

My main concern is the players he had then were awesome, what we have now is tat by comparison. I can't see Viduka doing a Sir Les, Duff doing a Ginola, Barton doing a Rob Lee... I could go on all day. Oh well, at least if it goes to shit they can genuinely say they listened to the fans and gave us what a lot of people wanted. WWAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! KKKEEEEEGGGGAAANN!!!!!!

Underwhelmed to fuck.

Missed opportunity but it should at least be a laugh and if it raises the spirits of the crowd then that should be a good thing. Am disappointed in the professionalism of the board though as i thought they'd get someone more forward looking.

I've no idea what to think about this.

He's been our most successful manager in recent history so why not give him another go.

My main concern is we're trying ignite old flames, is like dating an ex when you know its doomed to fail.

I dated my ex once and now we're married. Go Keegan!  ;D EDIT: And her initials are "KK"...coincidence?...well, yes.

I honestly don't know what to make of this. I'm just going to support the decision and keep supporting my club. Let's hope he has the time to rebuild this team.

Yep, fuck it, might not have been my first choice but by no means my last (bye bye Messrs Houllier and Redknapp), lets just enjoy the ride - Ashley and Mort must have promised him a fecking wedge, lets hope he steals Diarra before he signs for Portsmouth.

Bit confused about the youth team stuff that Mort said though… Maybe Shearer could work on that, imagine how much that would inspire any kid coming through the ranks…