General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

• 2 weeks later...

Remember when we won at White Hart Lane with this team...

Newcastle: Given, Ramage, Taylor, Huntington, Pattison, Solano, Butt, Milner, Dyer, Martins, Sibierski.

Subs Not Used: Harper, Edgar, O'Brien, Carroll, Troisi.

How the fuck did we manage to only concede two goals against Defoe and Berbatov with a back four consisting of Peter Ramage, Steven Taylor, Paul Huntington and Matty Pattison :lol:

The recent shite from Bruce got me thinking the other day about some of the dross we've put out over the years.

Yep, it's a great point. Those with a particular agenda will go on as if our squad is only fit for relegation and/or the division below, as if we haven't had comfortable seasons in this division with the likes of Peter Ramage, Alan Smith, Amdy Faye, Celestine Babayaro, Andreas Anderson - to name just a handful off the top of my head - playing dozens and dozens of games. I don't think there's a single player in our current first team squad who, talent-wise, I'd put in the bottom rung of players we've had over the last twenty years. Maybe Jeff Linton.

Yep, it's a great point. Those with a particular agenda will go on as if our squad is only fit for relegation and/or the division below, as if we haven't had comfortable seasons in this division with the likes of Peter Ramage, Alan Smith, Amdy Faye, Celestine Babayaro, Andreas Anderson - to name just a handful off the top of my head - playing dozens and dozens of games. I don't think there's a single player in our current first team squad who, talent-wise, I'd put in the bottom rung of players we've had over the last twenty years. Maybe Jeff Linton.

Is that not a sign of the league improving as a whole

Is that not a sign of the league improving as a whole

I suppose it has, but even relatively speaking. Like the example given; Ramage/Huntington et al vs Defoe/Berbatov is a bigger mismatch than anything our current players have featured in over the last couple of years. Overall point being, this is miles away from the worst squad we've had at this level yet, when it's useful to, it gets labelled as such.

Is it bad that part of me thinks this is deliberately done to fish for a signed version as usually happens when stuff like this occurs?

Edit: didn't mean to also put the link in :lol:

Nah, he’s effectively paid for a bit of attention.  Just another form of paid advertising.

Completely forgot this fella existed, but was just what's the deal with Saivet?

Not registered in PL squad, neither sold nor loaned out. Would guess he's sitting out his contract, but his whole signing and never featuring seems shady asf - can barely recall how bad he was. Last I remember that free-kick away at West Ham.

State of our midfield going into this season, and the club thinking signing Hendrick is any sort of answer it seems odd he hasn't featured at all.

Just went to look at how we went from top at xmas in 2001/02 to being 4th and 16 points behind Arsenal by the end of the season. (Remember the Bellamy injury and everything, but still). I never realized til now that Arsenal didn't lose a single game after we beat them in that 3-1 at Highbury, and they only drew three.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-goal-marseille-uefa-cup-19569987?fbclid=IwAR2nQ3I_B3zZGzAuwTiq70fQxAPvTSkV3OwIGdQt6L4jSRhgrPUtyyRsV-o

'Why Goal! movie proved to be a 'distraction' ahead of Newcastle United's UEFA Cup clash at Marseille'

Didn't realize they were with the team then, since all the footage came from following season.

dont know why but that photo gives me goosebumps

purchased that Jersey on ebay in the summer of 2014.... it's a bit small on me now but some times I look at it in my wardrobe  and just it admire it, it's just a thing of beauty in every  aspect