Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

Guest godzilla

Short memories. Dummett was superb for large parts last season. To the point we didn't miss Lejeune at all from the Palace game onwards.

He's ok certainly nothing special and his limitations in his passing and attacking play are massive. We have needed an upgrade for a few year in this area and nothing has changed.

Guest neesy111

Short memories. Dummett was superb for large parts last season. To the point we didn't miss Lejeune at all from the Palace game onwards.

I agree with what your saying, but he only played 20 games last season.

He's ok certainly nothing special and his limitations in his passing and attacking play are massive. We have needed an upgrade for a few year in this area and nothing has changed.

Yes, he's no wing back, but to say things like most limited Premier League player ever and that he is shite without exception is absurd.

I agree with what your saying, but he only played 20 games last season.

I'm not sure how that changes the point I'm making? When he played last season he put in some MOTM performances in a team of players performing largely to a high standard.

Disagree. I thought once Lejeune was out, the way we carried the ball out declined. It pretty much all had to come from Schar, and rather than the diagonal ball being two pronged (Schar right to left & Lejeune left to right), opposition were able to set up. Rondon & Perez were magic from then on and the team organisation saw us through.

Guest godzilla

Willems is completely flat-footed. You can't tell me he was completely unaware of Maitland-Niles closing him down, either. If he was, then :facepalm:

Still maintain it was a bit of fault with both for the goal. Poor pass and Willems being caught out. You can then add as mentioned before Lascelles and Schar being out of position.

It was both the point on dummet is its every game his passing damages us.  He is slow and ponderous on the ball. He rarely played it forward and if he does it's a hoof.

Not sure when he was man of the match. I remember being at the Southampton game at home. We won but he was dreadful

My personal view I rate fernandez and Clark more highly. Hoping he gets dropped but reckon Bruce might play him even ahead of Lejeune.  Get the impression him and Ritchie are written on his team sheet in permanent marker

Disagree. I thought once Lejeune was out, the way we carried the ball out declined. It pretty much all had to come from Schar, and rather than the diagonal ball being two pronged (Schar right to left & Lejeune left to right), opposition were able to set up. Rondon & Perez were magic from then on and the team organisation saw us through.

See Newcastle 3 Southampton 1 two weeks later. Dummett absolutely outstanding.

If Willems had moved towards the ball when he should have, he'd have got there easily. Instead he hesitated. I couldn't believe it when he stood there and waited for the ball to come to him.

In fairness to the guy, he looked nervous from the start. Hopefully there's better to come from him.

Dummett in a three man central defence is fine. His pace is very valuable there.

Guest chopey

Players are not the problem, Bruce is the problem, if Rafa came back tommorow this team would comfortably avoid relegation. With Bruce's tactics of a 5 man defence and three holding midfielders against the worst Arsenal 11 I have every seen at Newcastle and the the idea of throwing players on the pitch to chase the game we are already down.

2/1 to go down before the Norwich result? Time to invest I think.

People blaming his pass for that goal man :lol: standing and waiting for the ball to reach you is absolutely criminal at Sunday league level, never mind in the premier league. Willems was fast asleep and 100% to blame for that ball being intercepted, I think Dummet's a shite passer in general but that's not even fractionally his fault.

Guest godzilla

People blaming his pass for that goal man :lol: standing and waiting for the ball to reach you is absolutely criminal at Sunday league level, never mind in the premier league. Willems was fast asleep and 100% to blame for that ball being intercepted, I think Dummet's a s**** passer in general but that's not even fractionally his fault.

You can bleat as much as you want, the pass was poor and if you look at official match reports from a few papers papers they are saying the same.

Amazes me how many people rate Dummett, goes to show how much our expectations have been decimated over the Ashley years. He can defend ok now and then but Rafa has had the defence drilled to a tee. Dummett is shocking on the ball and I cannot see him in the starting line up for any other team in this league.

People blaming his pass for that goal man :lol: standing and waiting for the ball to reach you is absolutely criminal at Sunday league level, never mind in the premier league. Willems was fast asleep and 100% to blame for that ball being intercepted, I think Dummet's a s**** passer in general but that's not even fractionally his fault.

You can bleat as much as you want, the pass was poor and if you look at official match reports from a few papers papers they are saying the same.

So what, just because someone writes a match report doen't mean they understand football

It's like commentators, you can tell most of them don't either.

Clearly the pass was piss poor, while at the same time Willems should clearly have recognized that and moved towards the ball. If Dummett hadn't messed up his pass, Willems wouldn't have a mistake to make. If Willems was a tiny bit pro active, as he should have been, the pass wouldn't have been intercepted. Both at fault for the goal. Some people will however always only look at the last action that led to the goal and put full responsibility on that action alone.

Guest godzilla

Clearly the pass was p*ss poor, while at the same time Willems should clearly have recognized that and moved towards the ball. If Dummett hadn't messed up his pass, Willems wouldn't have a mistake to make. If Willems was a tiny bit pro active, as he should have been, the pass wouldn't have been intercepted. Both at fault for the goal. Some people will however always only look at the last action that led to the goal and put full responsibility on that action alone.

Exactly

If Jetro moves toward the ball like any normal player, nothing comes of the situation and this thread is on the third page where it belongs. The guy actively moved away from it and then stood still. Maitland-Niles makes up about 15 yards in this time. Dummett is fine defensively and the only centreback with any pace.