Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Why would Ashley even need to fire Benitez? He could just let him leave and bring Brenda in for next season. Would suit them both I would have thought. Yes I know this is all probably just wild speculation at this point, but you could see how it would be a perfect solution for Ashley.

Because he knows that Rafa will brief against him behind the scenes. The fan movement 'inrafawetrust' is all about the hope Rafa brings. If you bring in Allardyce, as an example, that pair of pricks can revel in battening down the hatches, knowing that we all hate them and take the piss whilst staying up year after year.

Ashley wants to feel liked remember. Hence the history of 'yes man' appointments. The 'We owe it to Mike' brigade are what he wants and Rafa will obviously never be that.....hence if he removes the man, he'll feel like he's removed a large part of the problem.

Why would Ashley even need to fire Benitez? He could just let him leave and bring Brenda in for next season. Would suit them both I would have thought. Yes I know this is all probably just wild speculation at this point, but you could see how it would be a perfect solution for Ashley.

Because he knows that Rafa will brief against him behind the scenes. The fan movement 'inrafawetrust' is all about the hope Rafa brings. If you bring in Allardyce, as an example, that pair of pricks can revel in battening down the hatches, knowing that we all hate them and take the piss whilst staying up year after year.

Ashley wants to feel liked remember. Hence the history of 'yes man' appointments. The 'We owe it to Mike' brigade are what he wants and Rafa will obviously never be that.....hence if he removes the man, he'll feel like he's removed a large part of the problem.

I think being a tight cunt he'd probably be happy to ride out this season rather than pay compensation, if we get relegated some of the blame will get shifted to Rafa. He could bring in any other manager and we'd still go down.

I just might kill myself if Brendan Rodgers becomes NUFC manager. End of days.

He got Liverpool closer to winning the league than Rafa or even free spending Klopp.

It wouldn’t be the end of the world, far from it and probably my first realistic choice should Rafa go.

Would rather Ronny Deila

Would rather an actual manager, but each to their own.

He got Liverpool closer to winning the league than Rafa or even free spending Klopp.

It wouldn’t be the end of the world, far from it and probably my first realistic choice should Rafa go.

Would rather Ronny "Fucking" Pickering

That's who.

Would rather Ronny "f***ing" Pickering

That's who.

Who the fucks that?

Yea, me.

Even if he was suddenly backed (highly doubtful), I suspect there’s been too much crap that’s happened over the last few windows. Will he ever turn it around?

The squad is about as good as the one that finished up last season, yet we’re playing like a team already relegated.

This isn’t Rafas fault, clearly. He’s been shat on by Mike Ashley and it’s taken it’s toll.

I’d always hoped Ashley would be gone and someone with some clout would come in and start building a decent squad. It’s just dragged on though and all that good will and buzz about when Rafa first arrived is fading away bit by bit.

The buzz when Rafa arrived was because we all thought that Ashley had changed his ways and he was going to run the club like it should be and Rafa would never have joined us if certain promises had not been made

The buzz when Rafa arrived was because we all thought that Ashley had changed his ways and he was going to run the club like it should be and Rafa would never have joined us if certain promises had not been made

Exactly that. I fell for it big time and feel a right mug now. Another load of pointless away trips later and thousands of pounds down. I won't be making that mistake ever again

Guest firetotheworks

Honestly couldn't care less who the next manager it is, because whoever it is I'll be much much more than I am now to try and get Ashley out.

I would prefer the next manager to be an Ashley apologist so we can go full on protest and this this bloke out of our club.

Exactly, it's somehow even more tiring when there's still some good in the club.

Even if he was suddenly backed (highly doubtful), I suspect there’s been too much crap that’s happened over the last few windows. Will he ever turn it around?

The squad is about as good as the one that finished up last season, yet we’re playing like a team already relegated.

2-0 up at Old Trafford until 70th minute. Holding out for a 0-0 at Palace (restricting them to four shots on target, we had three). Also a 0-0 at Cardiff, where we had 10 men for half an hour—not referring to how supremely shit Kennedy played—had six  shots on target to their one and missed a last min pen ( am referring... never mind).

In between the above, we’ve lost 2-1 to Spurs (15 shots each), Chelsea (drawing until an 87th min own goal) and Arsenal (two shots on target each) at home and to Man City away. None of them unexpected losses, humiliating results, nor characterised by unmotivated ‘already given up’ performances.

Forgot to mention Leicester. Probably most disappointing performance for me and closest fit to the point highlighted. Saying that, giving away a stupid pen at that stage was always going to make a tricky game very difficult.

Personally, I think we’re just getting started. Just hope everyone’s head is on the game—those that matter, I mean.

Personally, I think we’re just getting started. Just hope everyone’s head is on the game—those that matter, I mean.

first win and we're away i reckon, the longer it takes to get that it'll become less relevant as it'll be too much to come back from

combination of the fixtures and ashley have made this an uphill struggle from day one

2-0 up at Old Trafford until 70th minute. Holding out for a 0-0 at Palace (restricting them to four shots on target, we had three). Also a 0-0 at Cardiff, where we had 10 men for half an hour—not referring to how supremely shit Kennedy played—had six  shots on target to their one and missed a last min pen ( am referring... never mind).

In between the above, we’ve lost 2-1 to Spurs (15 shots each), Chelsea (drawing until an 87th min own goal) and Arsenal (two shots on target each) at home and to Man City away. None of them unexpected losses, humiliating results, nor characterised by unmotivated ‘already given up’ performances.

Forgot to mention Leicester. Probably most disappointing performance for me and closest fit to the point highlighted. Saying that, giving away a stupid pen at that stage was always going to make a tricky game very difficult.

Sound :clap:

All that says to me is we are simply not clinical enough in front of goal where others are. That could be down to two things shit players or confidence? Or both? The Man Utd first half was a highlights real of how poor some of our chances on goal are and attempted finishing.

Is this because most of the players have now switched their mentality and focus to the defensive aspect of the game? Have they lost their flair? Is it down to confidence? I wouldn't mind seeing Rafa let these players loose gung ho, a little bit like the bravery show in the first half at Man Utd, and let's actually see if this scaremongering about us getting thrashed by 6 or 7 is true, how will we ever know how good a side we are taking the game to oppositions until we have seen it? I'd like to see us have a go and lose by 6, just so I know and it's evident. Because I'm not convinced we would.

Blobfish is a fucking fraud, like. And like Pardew he’s an egregious sycophant. Right up fat Mike’s street

I’d argue that comparison football wise is a little unfair mind. It’s a pretty low bar though - a better football brain than someone with the average IQ of a primordial Protozoa.

Rodgers is another Pardew in terms of his calibre as an actual person. He's not a good person, wouldn't want him here at all.

Rodgers wouldn’t come here. He knows he has it good at Celtic where ha can pretty much do no homework and tell the lads to just go out and enjoy themselves and still likely end up winning everything.

So long as he’s on that ship he’s never coming back to the Premier League, and he certainly not coming to a club like us who will have no backing from the owner.