Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

It's a stupid rule. Inviting people out of duty to waste their time when they're never going to get the job.

While there aren't many BAME managers in the game, in this day and age when there are so many BAME players it makes no real difference (the idea of prejudice against black coaches) - the reality is they either don't have the right exposure or they simply haven't got the credentials. Managers come from abroad all the time, as well as the merry-go-round of tried and tested managers, when there is so much money at stake.

It's a stupid rule. Inviting people out of duty to waste their time when they're never going to get the job.

While there aren't many BAME managers in the game, in this day and age when there are so many BAME players it makes no real difference (the idea of prejudice against black coaches) - the reality is they either don't have the right exposure or they simply haven't got the credentials. Managers come from abroad all the time, as well as the merry-go-round of tried and tested managers, when there is so much money at stake.

So giving them interviews will give them that exposure and the get an understanding of the interview process

Whether this policy makes a difference, time will tell BUT what's clear is there is a discrepancy between the number of BAME players and BAME coaches/managers. The status quo will not solve the situation.

Plenty of organisations are now adopting a diversity policy to increase the opportunity for BAME candidates to go into management positions as they are under represented (same with Women)

Ultimately this isn't about giving the job to someone because they are a BAME candidate, it's still the best person for the job but the policy will (hopefully) increase the quality of BAME candidates and also increase their interest in going for roles which they might have previously been put off from

For me, this was always better than Bergkamp’s.

The only professional footballer who’s ever given me a lift home.

Anybody see that Bale throw in from today? Probably the best throw in I've ever seen

Rewatch us beating Everton 6-2 and reevaluate.

Anybody see that Bale throw in from today? Probably the best throw in I've ever seen

Dean Saunders.

:lol: Good watch that. Loved Nobby pointing at Dyer and Jenas for their assists when he scored rather than celebrating

What? :lol:

He was knocking off some lass a couple of my housemates knew at uni. He was at Southampton iirc.

:lol: Good watch that. Loved Nobby pointing at Dyer and Jenas for their assists when he scored rather than celebrating

Blackburn 5-1 is another good one for back in the day. Just good football.

Emre still playing international football at age 38. And an Icelandic jokester takes the piss by pushing a bog brush at his face instead of a microphone.

www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/10/turkish-government-accuses-iceland-of-disrespecting-national-team-footballers-airport-euro-2020-qualifying

Guest chopey

Rio's quotes about the Man U director of football role convinces me that he needs to get it so I can hate them even more-

"It all depends on the shape of the job," Ferdinand said when asked if he fancied returning to the club.

"I don't think it's all been outlined at Man United in terms of 'that's the job and this is the description'. I think there's a lot to talk about within that.

"To be fair to Man United, in that kind of role, the responsibility that comes with that, you can't lie and say that that's not a turn-on.

"Because you are helping to shape the fortunes of a club of that stature. That's a huge job.

"All the boxes would have to be ticked that you've got in in your head before considering something like that.

"I think decisions made at a football club - not all (but) some of them - should come with a football thought process in the background somewhere, (someone) that understands that side of it and can make that kind of decision."

How long before he's in the dressing room telling the coaches how to play and what team to pick, glorious.