Leicester City 5-0 Newcastle United - 29/09/19 - post match from pg20

Disco

Is Shearer on MOTD?

Nah, they actually hardly mentioned Newcastle. Just all about how brilliant Leicester are.

I caught the tail end of it where Richards and Kilbane were saying they have both been involved in Steve Bruce sides who have been beat 5-0, once they go 2 down heads drop, a ringing endorsement for Brewcy :lol:

Fucking hell the barman at our resort turned it off at 2-0, just seen the score line :lol:

TBF we got away with it, leicester were totally dominant and we were never in the game.

I know I’ve been banging on, but does this not piss anyone else off?

https://twitter.com/newcastlefanstv/status/1178360172311396352?s=21

Just seems one big joke and day out to them. That should have been fucking toxic, instead they’re singing and dancing. I know people should be able to have a laugh but this isn’t the time. It’s a fake defiance, ‘Look at us, we still support the lads, look how loyal we are’. Needs to stop.

Just seems one big joke and day out to them. That should have been fucking toxic, instead they’re singing and dancing. I know people should be able to have a laugh but this isn’t the time. It’s a fake defiance, ‘Look at us, we still support the lads, look how loyal we are’. Needs to stop.

When the missus says she's stopping at her parents tonight.

I don’t really begrudge people trying to make fun of a shit day, but it makes me sad. I’m a Scotland fan too, and our expectations are low so there’s often been this kind of atmosphere. But things have really changed with our fans, some time back. At home games it manifests more as passiveness, I remember being amazed back when we lost 6-0 to liverpool and the second and third time we lost to the mackems jsut how passive everything was.

You don’t have to go very far back to when it was a lot different, things were so toxic when we were shit. Remember when Sheff U beat us at home under Roeder? It was fuckin horrible to be there, but it was an atmosphere that came from expectations and demands. Numerous games under Souness.

They're more interested in what people think of them rather than the state of the club. Look at me, I'm mental me man. 5 down and I'm still singing like a pua loop. Go and tell your mates how mental we were....

They're more interested in what people think of them rather than the state of the club. Look at me, I'm mental me man. 5 down and I'm still singing like a pua loop. Go and tell your mates how mental we were....

Nail on head. Got to top those loyalty points up though so they can do it all again at Chelsea in a few weeks time.

Talksport and Big Sam blaming Rafa this morning,

Left us in the lurch by leaving 3 weeks before the season started.

Took our player of the season Rondon with him.

Sold Perez

Actually had a worse record than Bruce at this stage of the season

Nail on head. Got to top those loyalty points up though so they can do it all again at Chelsea in a few weeks time.

This craic is nearly as bad as that video like. This always happens at an away match and has done for years (do you ever go to away games)

It is all about the day. Fair enough if you want to have a go at the people who go to home games but this has always been the case at away games for as long as I can remember.

Sold Perez

Surely enough evidence there to section him.

Sold Perez

They're just fishing for calls man, not worth getting wound up over. Or listening to, for that matter.

This craic is nearly as bad as that video like. This always happens at an away match and has done for years (do you ever go to away games)

It is all about the day. Fair enough if you want to have a go at the people who go to home games but this has always been the case at away games for as long as I can remember.

But there’s the problem, it’s all about the day rather than the club. Why will Ashley sell up or change anything when the away fans lap it up? Still weirdly had time to boo Perez though.

But there’s the problem, it’s all about the day rather than the club. Why will Ashley sell up or change anything when the away fans lap it up? Still weirdly had time to boo Perez though.

I heard the FCB chant a few time's like.. Also the away fan's having a good time will have zero affect on Ashley selling up.

As above it has always been this way, well before Ashley and Bruce.

As for the fans at the match, yes it smacks of vanity and is definitely self-defeating.

Thankfully the Sir Bobby quote about the club being a symbol of pride in the city is not out there on a flag, because the club is now the polar opposite.

I heard the FCB chant a few time's like.. Also the away fan's having a good time will have zero affect on Ashley selling up.

But why should it still be like that? It’s never been this bad. At least under Pardew things turned at the end (Stoke away for example). They should be making it that uncomfortable for Bruce he should be squirming. Surely there comes a time when enough is enough and if this isn’t that time, I don’t know what will be. Instead of going to Chelsea away, if the 3k split and went to non-league fixtures instead...it’s stuff like this where it’s more about the message. Imagine say Gateshead getting 2,000 for a game when they average under 1@, or an extra couple of hundred at Northern League grounds? You still get your day out, still get pissed, still have a laugh, but you’re not enabling Ashley.

But why should it still be like that? It’s never been this bad. At least under Pardew things turned at the end (Stoke away for example). They should be making it that uncomfortable for Bruce he should be squirming. Surely there comes a time when enough is enough and if this isn’t that time, I don’t know what will be. Instead of going to Chelsea away, if the 3k split and went to non-league fixtures instead...it’s stuff like this where it’s more about the message. Imagine say Gateshead getting 2,000 for a game when they average under 1@, or an extra couple of hundred at Northern League grounds? You still get your day out, still get pissed, still have a laugh, but you’re not enabling Ashley.

Some people cannot just give up on the club though, I cannot! I have given up my ticket and will not attend until Ashley has gone but I don't want the team to get beat. I just cannot get my head around that. I agree about supporting a local team. I go to watch Dunston now but my team is still Newcastle. That will never change.

Sold Perez

Sham also went into say that it’s not Bruce’s fault, it’s the squad that isn’t good enough.

Embarrassing how much the Chronicle rely on TalkShite to generate traffic and news. They must've been over the moon when Allardyce got a regular slot to promote lies about their good friend Steve.

Never listened to it in my life and barely need to given how much they're syndicating content.