Leicester City 5-0 Newcastle United - 29/09/19 - post match from pg20

Disco

I think I’m out. I think I’m gone.

Today has shown unless Ashley goes now then theirs no coming back for us, not this season, not next in the Championship, not in 5 years or 10.

I’ve just sent HTT a message asking what I do now? Because I have no idea, all of my teenage and adult life I have had NUFC. I asked him because from my perspective he’s probably been the only who I can see who has loved this club as much as me. Even not going to games I have tried to help with TMG and Toon for Change. But what’s the f***ing point? This c*** isn’t going, he knows when the people like me give up, then he’s won and a half empty SJP won’t bother him. The people like me and others are being pushed out. This club has always had a way to take me to the brink and bring me back. Today it’s pushed me off the cliff and then made the cliff edge collapse on top of me.

When the third goal went in I blew my top, my mam told me to calm down and I did an angry rant with words that I won’t repeat. My dog was scared and everything, and that dog f***ing loves me, swear down she always trying to snuggle up to me and lick me and she was scared.

What the f*** do I do now? What the f*** is everyone else doing?

Stiffy, you can be a bit daft at times but always felt your heat was in the right place but that is unquestionably absolute f***ing horse s****.

I said from my perspective. Maybe saying as much as me is harsh, and saying in a similar manner is better?

You have people on here that have spend thousands of hours of their free time fighting for the better of the club.

People that have had season tickets for over 20 years.

People that have been to over 200 or 300 away games, followed the club all over Europe and beyond.

People that have been boycotting for years already.

But none of it matters really, we all love our club. That's why we are here.

And you come out with this?

Sorry mate, it's self congratulatory bullshit. We're all hurting these days with the state of the club, there's just no need for super fan nonsense like that. We all (well the vast majority) on this board love the club and it is killing us how things are and to have to walk away.

I have said that perhaps what I meant wasn’t what I said.

Jesus, I have backed people and this place up for the work that they have done. Fact is at the time I needed someone to talk too and HTT was the only person I felt I could talk too which would understand.

HTT aside I only have the numbers of you (which I got 2 days ago), and Yorkie.

No disrespect to you or Yorkie but I don’t think I have that friendship with either of you in order to send what I said.

Me saying I could only talk to someone to someone on here is not a slant at anything anyone on here done in the fight against Ashley. All it was, was me saying that I believe at the time my options to talk to someone was probably limited to one person.

Okay - thanks for the clarification. I think you appear to have not articulated what you wanted to say or I misinterpreted it - it came across as you were saying you and HTT love the club more than anyone else on this forum.

I hope you find your inner peace with whatever you do or decide to do re NUFC.

I walked away in the summer in terms of going to the match, season ticket gone, bucket load of loyalty points gone. I miss some aspects of it but not the football.

I watched the game today in the pub with a few friends, saddest thing is that it doesn't matter when we concede a goal, or get hammered. It doesn't hurt anymore. I don't get angry anymore.

I jacked my season ticket in during the summer. I thought getting behind a protest movement more would help, Brighton and today have shown it not too, to be honest. Like many others I need to fight him, I can’t fight him without the love for the club, I can’t keep on going on if today is what it ends up like.

At least it looked like the away crowd had a good day out. Couldnt see any pepper spray shower throughout the match so let's all give a big thank you to SDST.

Incident didn't happen in the ground but you know. Abuse your fellow fans all you like, really going to bring about regime change.

Wrong formation, no tactics, no positional discipline, not enough desire or motivation, no quality, no chance.

Today's performance encapsulated everything about Newcastle United that needed to be recorded, but mysteriously won't be in the national media, I wonder why...

An owner who has neglected the club and only spent when he has had to, for PR or otherwise. Negligent, ignorant and arrogant.

A chairman who is above his pay grade, inept and tapping to the owners tune to stay on the gravy train, much as the club is with Sky and the PL.

A manager who is similarly inept, but is also massively naive in his perception of what has been, is and will go on.

Players, who are understandably dejected after losing a world class manager who made them the best they could be, only to be replaced by someone who is a buffoon on this level. 

Fans, a reduced allocation as some have fucked off, fucked off with this contempt they're being shown and the lack of desire to act as a credible sporting institution. Yet, the reduced section is full, perhaps wrongly so, but giving it absolutely everything out of sheer desperation, to the very end.

Then we move onto Sky. Them fucking cunts.

"The pressure can sometimes be hard to play under up there"

"Rafa Benitez Loyalists"

"They had less points under Benitez at this stage last year"

"They've faced harder opposition"

Blamed the players - the same ones who looked twice as good last year

Blamed the fans for said pressure and current atmosphere at club

No blame for good old Brucie or they're pal Mike???

Boycott Man United

Boycott Ashley

Boycott Sky

POTY.

At least it looked like the away crowd had a good day out. Couldnt see any pepper spray shower throughout the match so let's all give a big thank you to SDST.

Incident didn't happen in the ground but you know. Abuse your fellow fans all you like, really going to bring about regime change.

You dont know what abuse or militant means.

At least I'm not stupid enough to think an organisation raising concerns to a club, when members of said organisation ask the organisation to raise those concerns and issues -that they go ahead and do that on behalf of their members - their basic mandate and part of their fundamental function - is being in bed with Mike Ashley and supporting Sports Direct. About half of NUST members in the most recent survey stated they go to games, while your view is that nobody should go to games (I've given up going, been involved in more protests than I care to remember and will not give a penny to the club as long as Ashley is still there) that doesn't mean that those that do shouldn't be stood up for if things go wrong. You still don't appear to comprehend or understand what a supporters trust is. The trust may well come to a boycott position, and I would quite like that, but it would have to be what the members want and clearly a large numbers of members still go the match. We've got TMG, AO, EFA and all sorts pushing the boycott and more now and that's great.

Division and arguments amongst the fan base appears to be your approach - attack those that still go to games - this will achieve nothing - these people need to educated not belittled.

Didn't watch after 2-0 so I missed the collapse.  First, I'm not convinced that Hayden deserved red.  Praet had a heavy touch and it was a 50/50 ball, IMO, which Hayden got to first.  During the halftime show on NBCSN one of the Robbie's called it "cowardly" which is BS.

I'm about to stop watching altogether as it's too depressing.

Didn't watch after 2-0 so I missed the collapse.  First, I'm not convinced that Hayden deserved red.  Praet had a heavy touch and it was a 50/50 ball, IMO, which Hayden got to first.  During the halftime show on NBCSN one of the Robbie's called it "cowardly" which is BS.

In the modern game I'm afraid it is a red 100%.

In the modern game I'm afraid it is a red 100%.

And since about 2010

I love a fair tackle but that was 100% a red.

The tackle of a player who is pissed off with what's going on.

At first I thought he wanted to get sent off, but it looks more like he thought he could go in full blood and guts mode because it was 50/50 - only it wasn't (really).

But yeah, fully hacked off and wanted to make a crunching tackle, which he got badly wrong.

At least I'm not stupid enough to think an organisation raising concerns to a club, when members of said organisation ask the organisation to raise those concerns and issues -that they go ahead and do that on behalf of their members - their basic mandate and part of their fundamental function - is being in bed with Mike Ashley and supporting Sports Direct. About half of NUST members in the most recent survey stated they go to games, while your view is that nobody should go to games (I've given up going, been involved in more protests than I care to remember and will not give a penny to the club as long as Ashley is still there) that doesn't mean that those that do shouldn't be stood up for if things go wrong. You still don't appear to comprehend or understand what a supporters trust is. The trust may well come to a boycott position, and I would quite like that, but it would have to be what the members want and clearly a large numbers of members still go the match. We've got TMG, AO, EFA and all sorts pushing the boycott and more now and that's great.

Division and arguments amongst the fan base appears to be your approach - attack those that still go to games - this will achieve nothing - these people need to educated not belittled.

If you don't understand how you hurt the club and fellow fans by going to the match by now you never will. Most likely they majority of people still going understand that deep down but are too selfish to walk away for the greater good and deserve to get shamed and watch the awful football they are getting served at the moment.

You should do the absolute bare minimum to retain status as a trust until there's new ownership, while promoting walking away internally as that is literally the only way Ashley will go. I will never join an organisation that has members that still attends matches. I suspect there's more people in the same boat.

If you don't understand how you hurt the club and fellow fans by going to the match by now you never will. Most likely they majority of people still going understand that deep down but are too selfish to walk away for the greater good and deserve to get shamed and watch the awful football they are getting served at the moment.

You should do the absolute bare minimum to retain status as a trust until there's new ownership, while promoting walking away internally as that is literally the only way Ashley will go. I will never join an organisation that has members that still attends matches. I suspect there's more people in the same boat.

While I respect Greg and hate criticising fellow fans, this is completely right.

Admittedly it’s easier for me to walk away when I don’t live in the city.

Is the trust doing anything to try and educate people to stop going?

:thup: thats the crux of it.

Anyone still going isn't on NUFC's side.

Is the trust doing anything to try and educate people to stop going?

Not enough in my opinion. NUST has many issues and I certainly don't agree with its entire direction and I have concerns with a number of board members as well but these are not things I would be willing to air in public.

The things that winds me up and gets me going through is the misconceptions of what a trust is, what it can and can't do and that raising concerns on certain issues to the club somehow means we all love Mike Ashley and adore Sports Direct. It's tired, lazy rhetoric. Often the machinations of people that want the trust to fail for no discernible reason. These people always exist mind - every single protest I've been involved (4 different groups/entities/movements) and then this - you always get a fair amount of abuse despite fighting for the best for your club in your spare time. People just love having a go. I'm not talking about on here when I say this - I mean more generally.

We seem to have a fan base that enjoys arguing with each other more than coming together as one to fight Mike Ashley.

:thup: thats the crux of it.

Anyone still going isn't on NUFC's side.

30,000+ still going - so of course a fair chunk of 10,000 members will still go and telling them constantly they are the problem and aren't on NUFCs side (even if you very much believe we need  an empty stadium) isn't going to help change their minds. The only thing that rhetoric helps is the anger of the person dishing it out.

Right now Steve Bruce being fucking useless dinosaur is doing more for dwindling attendance than anything!