Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

South Shields 2-0 up and they'll piss this league!

1776 here!

They should do- that side is far too good for that level. Not sure if there are any other heavily-backed sides in there but they really should walk it.

Good to see Blyth get 2 wins on the board after a tricky start. It's a very tough league and every point will count come April.

South Shields 2-0 up and they'll p*ss this league!

1776 here!

They should do- that side is far too good for that level. Not sure if there are any other heavily-backed sides in there but they really should walk it.

Good to see Blyth get 2 wins on the board after a tricky start. It's a very tough league and every point will count come April.

They were absolutely quality and were arguably missing their two best players in Arca and Cogden!

I've no idea of their finances but hazarding a guess, their gate and merchandise revenue as well as the Mariners function room and new 4G pitch must be virtually covering their running costs!

1776 here!

They were absolutely quality and were arguably missing their two best players in Arca and Cogden!

I've no idea of their finances but hazarding a guess, their gate and merchandise revenue as well as the Mariners function room and new 4G pitch must be virtually covering their running costs!

It'll be the bandwagon that keep their head afloat.

1776 here!

More jealousy from Mr North Shields  :lol:

Remind me of the rise in North Shields' crowds when a load of NUFC decided to follow them please?  :D

It should be a good crowd tonight at Perth for Jarra vs Hebburn!

Jarra 1-0 Hebburn!

Good crowd as well (240), second highest in northern league tonight behind us - not bad for a second tier game.

Morpeth beat Whitley Bay 5-0. Early days but between us and Shildon for the league IMO. North Shields done us a favour getting a drawer there tonight

Jarra 1-0 Hebburn!

Good crowd as well (240), second highest in northern league tonight behind us - not bad for a second tier game.

Morpeth beat Whitley Bay 5-0. Early days but between us and Shildon for the league IMO. North Shields done us a favour getting a drawer there tonight

Yeah really good turn out mate! Winner came via a complete Keeper howler! 50 yard free kick!

One of my mates who I watched it with tonight used to be your Keeper for a good few years - Jak Wells? He's in nets for Bedlington now!

Remind me of the rise in North Shields' crowds when a load of NUFC decided to follow them please?  :D

Apparently running a non-league club professionally, attracting great crowds and having a proper commercial set-up is a 'bandwagon'. :lol:

Shields has always had the potential to have a football league club (they did have, once upon a time) and crowds of 1700 in the Evostik show that potential.

It's just a shame we can't have more NE sides climbing the ladder.

Apparently running a non-league club professionally, attracting great crowds and having a proper commercial set-up is a 'bandwagon'. :lol:

Shields has always had the potential to have a football league club (they did have, once upon a time) and crowds of 1700 in the Evostik show that potential.

Still cheating b**tards

DGIffceXkAE-WR9.jpg

Is any club planning on making the jump from the Northern League this year - maybes Whitley or Morpeth?

We have always been reluctant and so have most NL clubs because the cost implications of mid week travelling across the country. Its also a chew on for the players who work shifts. Although someone who is now on the board at North Shields told me that the rules have changed meaning the winners have to take promotion. Not seen that elsewhere mind.

It's a shame, because North East non-league football has been left behind, with clubs from the South East and North West, dominating.

Not sure I agree. At tier 9 we are by far the best in the country. Most of our first division Northern League teams would compete comfortably in the two leagues above us IMO. We just don't have the critical mass up here to think about getting to the conference (tier 5) and beyond. I know some people disagree but I prefer to watch matches against local sides with mixing of fans than travelling down to Yorkshire and over to the North West.

Agree on all points - Hebburn Sports Ground has been bought by a few people who are intent (and who will!) on making a big go of it - had some good crowds so far this season and results until the Derby last night!

1776 here!

Brighouse weren't very good mind :lol:

But aye, Shields looked decent and didn't look like they got out of 2nd gear. New signing Holmes looks a tricky, pacey winger. Thought your 5 a side mate had a good game until he got injured and the two centre halfs, although not really troubled, looked composed. From what I seen on Tuesday, Shields will piss that league. I just couldn't believe it when I looked online and seen Brighouse won 1-0 at the weekend!