Ryan Fraser (on loan at Southampton)

Chapo

Really couldnt give a s***  :lol:

as already said, with bruce and his 'tactics' - we will under-perform all season.

Wouldnt surprise me if ASM ends up benched.

All signs point to Joelinton getting benched.

Like gayle being crocked?

If both Fraser and Wilson come in I mean.

This is actually a very good signing for this iteration of NUFC.

The all British up and at 'em iteration? I'm sure Bruce will find his job easier communicating with lads who can relate, but at the end of the day any half decent player doesn't want to be associated with a club going nowhere led by a dinosaur manager, regardless of whether they are British. So I can only assume any British player who comes here won't be that good.

Can't say I've seen much of his play, but he seems like a relatively entertaining player from his highlights. If only I had any faith he's going be utilised effectively.

Both he and Wilson are very straight forward players for Bruce's 4-2-3-1.

Wilson stays up top and focuses on getting into scoring positions high up the pitch, and Fraser is a wide player that takes people on and delivers the ball well into the box from either side.

Don't think misusing either will be a problem. Wilson up top, ASM and Fraser out wide and Almiron behind the front man should work well for Bruce.

At this point if they can then loan another striker, it might then be best to loan Joelinton out to the kind of club and manager that had him previously so that his value doesn't tank any further, and hopefully is maybe even enhanced, so that the fee isn't a complete write off. Palace have succesfully done that with Alexander Sorloth and are going to end up making a profit on him.

As a "head coach" Bruce doesn't have a say in who comes or goes, or does he?

Previously we have had players brought in, with allegedly the manager having the final yes or no.

The more I follow these journos reports the more confusing it becomes.

So is Bruce actually doing the transfers like a modern day 'Arry Redknapp?

Looking at the players who are coming in, I would guess Bruce is having a fair bit of input. Of course they will all still be cheap or free transfers, but he's definitely going for a basic British look, which considering the type of coach he is, is probably the right idea tbh. It won't win anything, but might just keep us clear of relegation with a bit of luck.

Previously we have had players brought in, with allegedly the manager having the final yes or no.

Looking at the players who are coming in, I would guess Bruce is having a fair bit of input. Of course they will all still be cheap or free transfers, but he's definitely going for a basic British look, which considering the type of coach he is, is probably the right idea tbh. It won't win anything, but might just keep us clear of relegation with a bit of luck.

Yeah, he's definitely getting a say. And is getting his type of players, which is what should happen with any manager really. If different players are wanted by the club then get a manager that prefers those types. It's not rocket science.

I don't even think MA cares who comes in really as long as they are either young with 're-sale' value, or if they are older, and then they have to be cheap.

The Wilson deal will be interesting because he is an older player (by MA's standards) and it looks like even if we send Ritchie we will still need to pay £20 million. I will be shocked if that happens under Ashley.

It's went from wages agreed and him agreeing to join to now not even having an agreement on wages :lol:

Wasn't Miles Starforth the journalist with the BNG scoop from Chops? Not exactly highly credible as a source.

Yeah, he's definitely getting a say. And is getting his type of players, which is what should happen with any manager really. If different players are wanted by the club then get a manager that prefers those types. It's not rocket science.

I don't even think MA cares who comes in really as long as they are either young with 're-sale' value, or if they are older, and then they have to be cheap.

The Wilson deal will be interesting because he is an older player (by MA's standards) and it looks like even if we send Ritchie we will still need to pay £20 million. I will be shocked if that happens under Ashley.

There's no way we will pay a surplus of £20m for a 28 yr old, I would think a fair chunk of that would come off with Ritchie's valuation.

Think I’ll be in the minority here but I think this is a bad transfer.

His form wasn’t great for Bournemouth last season going off the reaction to him and how he decided to leave them in the s*** - which was awful. We’ll be blowing a large portion of our budget on his wages because that’s how Mike works, he was rumoured to be wanting 80k per week last I saw. He plays his best football in the same position as ASM does. Why make someone a top earner at the club who isn’t as good as the player who plays in that position? Most importantly though we are guaranteed to have a s*** season this year and anyone who’s confident that we’re staying up is lying to themselves.  Is this guy really the type of player you want to fight for your club?

I’d rather we ended the Joelinton as a striker experiment and used him and ASM as your left sided players then blast out budget on a striker that we do desperately need. Given the transfer now looks likely I hope I’m way off here.

He's fine on either the right or left wing so won't affect ASM.

At Bruce's Newcastle this type of transfer and standard of player is probably as good as it's ever gonna get.

It's went from wages agreed and him agreeing to join to now not even having an agreement on wages :lol:

Wasn't Miles Starforth the journalist with the BNG scoop from Chops? Not exactly highly credible as a source.

He didn't say it would happen.