Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Without any sense we would be in with a shout of landing him, early doors I fancied Shelvey and Wijnaldum as candidates for Premiership team of the season.I know many have doubts about Shelvey, and maybe with good reason, however I think he has everything; a great all round midfield presence, and a bit of bite, self-belief and aggression. I would be delighted to welcome him. Add CB and striker, play Wijnaldum at AM and Sir Bob's your granddad.  O0

Got slated for not putting the effort in today on the radio and was also arguing with Swansea fans at the match as well.

He's not been played much recently as he's fell out with everyone.

He's decent, not a world beater, but certainly better than what we have.

I'm not convinced he'll come mind.

Guest ManDoon

Why did Liverpool sell him when they did? if he has a history of falling out with clubs and fans, this really is not the place for him  :lol: Or was he just not good enough?

Don't think he's good enough at that level. Ideal world he's not good enough for us either. But this version of NUFC he definitely is

From their match thread:

I don't think we could give SHelvey away after this performance.

JJS needs to be sold. It's not fair to scapegoat him for the loss today but as we've seen recently, with him in the team we tend to play very poor. No control of the ball, poor passing, rushed and open to counterattacks. When he's not playing we play decently well (lately) Cork was left hung out to dry due to the quality around him.

why is Shelvey allowed to take dead ball kicks?

Why does Shelvey have to be made the whipping boy for this result,the entire team were embarrassing.If this is what we have to look forward to with fringe players if we get an injury crisis then god help us,this lot looked as if they'd never been on the same field together before.I'm just bewildered,was there a pattern of play? a game plan? none that I could see other than hoofball.

He's not, but when you are a current England international and looking at £10 million transfers and walking around like King Shi* you attracts a little more attention than others who were as bad or worse. And TBF are being called out for their frailties and today's performance.

Shelvey simply cemented his reputation as being not good enough.

Shelvey is not being whipped for the result, but his own lack of quality. As a senior player on the field, international blah, blah ... he is supposed to demonstrate why he deserves that rating. He shouldn't be banging shots into the last rows when his counter parts are hitting the target but apparently are only worthy of L2. He shouldn't be trying the hard pass or play and fucking it up, when simple options are available and they happen to be the best options. He shouldn't be strolling around when the lesser team are busting a gut and make it happen.

These are things under his control. These are things that he can effect and work at to be better and more consistent, but he doesn't. Whatever he is doing it's not working.

This is Shelvey's story. It doesn't change from game to game, it was just more exposed today when he was the guy expected to be display some class .... top class not dunce.

'Not good enough' for Swansea City. We need more players like this. :thup:

From their match thread:

I don't think we could give SHelvey away after this performance.

JJS needs to be sold. It's not fair to scapegoat him for the loss today but as we've seen recently, with him in the team we tend to play very poor. No control of the ball, poor passing, rushed and open to counterattacks. When he's not playing we play decently well (lately) Cork was left hung out to dry due to the quality around him.

why is Shelvey allowed to take dead ball kicks?

Why does Shelvey have to be made the whipping boy for this result,the entire team were embarrassing.If this is what we have to look forward to with fringe players if we get an injury crisis then god help us,this lot looked as if they'd never been on the same field together before.I'm just bewildered,was there a pattern of play? a game plan? none that I could see other than hoofball.

He's not, but when you are a current England international and looking at £10 million transfers and walking around like King Shi* you attracts a little more attention than others who were as bad or worse. And TBF are being called out for their frailties and today's performance.

Shelvey simply cemented his reputation as being not good enough.

Shelvey is not being whipped for the result, but his own lack of quality. As a senior player on the field, international blah, blah ... he is supposed to demonstrate why he deserves that rating. He shouldn't be banging shots into the last rows when his counter parts are hitting the target but apparently are only worthy of L2. He shouldn't be trying the hard pass or play and fucking it up, when simple options are available and they happen to be the best options. He shouldn't be strolling around when the lesser team are busting a gut and make it happen.

These are things under his control. These are things that he can effect and work at to be better and more consistent, but he doesn't. Whatever he is doing it's not working.

This is Shelvey's story. It doesn't change from game to game, it was just more exposed today when he was the guy expected to be display some class .... top class not dunce.

'Not good enough' for Swansea City. We need more players like this. :thup:

:lol: We've got a type.

I'd be OK with this. He's obviously the villain at Swansea at the minute but he definitely has a bit quality and would certainly be our best CM. It would also be one step closer to Colback not playing, got to think of the positives.

CYYbhOFW8AEaUNb.jpg

dem Colback forward passes

Anita's passing ability is vastly overrated, not suprised to see him looking worse than Colback on these stats. Obviously he's a better player but that's horrific for a midfield partnership at this level.