Newcastle United 3-2 Everton - Sat 09/03/19 - 15:00 (No UK TV)

Infinitely Content

Guest firetotheworks

Pickford is way way behind Tom Heaton and Nick pope as English goalkeepers go and even behind jack butland for me.

Pope's suffering by not playing so I couldn't put him ahead of Pickford, but I think Ben Foster's been better this season too anyway.

Pickford should have been sent off if there was VAR.  similarly, our last goal would be invalid if it’s reviewed by VAR.  so fair results to me.

Pickford was really shit though. This was close to Darlow at his worst. No only the penalty incident, our first two goals should have been saved by any normal EPL standard GK.

Thanks. Long may it continue.

Pretty much everything went against in the game aside from our winner. Even the penalty wasn’t done correctly 100%, right from not sending Pickford off, not giving a re-take for him coming off the line.

Even on throw ins we had to take ours at the exact spot the ball went out at, and Everton were allowed to steal 5-10 yards, and even then we didn’t get a lot of them that we should have. The referee was awful throughout, and in the 2nd half we got a couple of free kicks which was more an appeasement effort than anything.

Despite the goal being offside, Everton can’t complain because overall they had a massive advantage throughout the game.

Guest firetotheworks

TBF, 5 of our players were about a yard offside for our winner. :lol: I don't think Mason was being biased, he was just being indiscriminately incompetent.

TBF, 5 of our players were about a yard offside for our winner. :lol: I don't think Mason was being biased, he was just being indiscriminately incompetent.

1st half was awful, most one sided refereeing I have seen in a long time.

Pretty sure offside is to do with linesman, not referee.

In all fairness the same linesman earlier in the 2nd half flagged offside against us when he was clearly not, and clear on goal, and he was behind the play. He spent the majority of the game in the same spot and never moved.

Not only do I think the quality of referee’s and officials is questionable, but their fitness is as well.

Pickford should have been sent off if there was VAR.  similarly, our last goal would be invalid if it’s reviewed by VAR.  so fair results to me.

Pickford was really shit though. This was close to Darlow at his worst. No only the penalty incident, our first two goals should have been saved by any normal EPL standard GK.

Thanks. Long may it continue.

Pretty much everything went against in the game aside from our winner. Even the penalty wasn’t done correctly 100%, right from not sending Pickford off, not giving a re-take for him coming off the line.

Even on throw ins we had to take ours at the exact spot the ball went out at, and Everton were allowed to steal 5-10 yards, and even then we didn’t get a lot of them that we should have. The referee was awful throughout, and in the 2nd half we got a couple of free kicks which was more an appeasement effort than anything.

Despite the goal being offside, Everton can’t complain because overall they had a massive advantage throughout the game.

That was very noticeable yesterday and I heard several people commenting about it.

Commentary on bbc was noticeably better.  They called both incidents correctly real time.  Sky guys didn’t know the rules on the red card and were wanking themselves off that they spotted that pirez was second phase completely missing the fact all 5 were offside.