Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Pardew is a better manager than Bruce. f***ing hell.

This is false. They are about the same but Bruce is better. Him being a Geordie is also gives him a slight advantage on understanding how things will work being a Newcastle Manager.

Both of them are in that tired worn out proper football men mini league where they just rotate round teams who are desperate or they know their limits as a football club.  These PFMs bring nothing to new to the table football wise, they have one mode of football and that's to generally stodge a game out and pick up points.  Neither of these two have improved or looked to improve how they set teams up, what tactics they use or sought to keep up with changing game trends.

If I had a choice it would be Bruce, Im not keen on him, I dont like his football he brings nothing but he isn't captain smug.

Pardew had to start by taking Hughton's blueprint and just using that till he was given the players to change things.

Bruce has had to go back to Rafa's blueprint but I can't see any way of him either a) Being given the right players to change things, or b) Having any fucking idea how to come up with anything better.

We basically need Perez back  :lol:

The natural solution with this team would be to play four at the back with Perez behind the striker. The question is do we have someone to play there, or even a little further back as the most advanced of a midfield three, who would make sacrificing the solidity that 5 at the back brings worth it?

If we don't then it needs to be a priority because we can't keep on like this against weak/weaker teams.

We basically need Perez back  :lol:

The natural solution with this team would be to play four at the back with Perez behind the striker. The question is do we have someone to play there, or even a little further back as the most advanced of a midfield three, who would make sacrificing the solidity that 5 at the back brings worth it?

If we don't then it needs to be a priority because we can't keep on like this against weak/weaker teams.

Muto or Almiron will do the running that he did but aren't the same type of players at all.

Pardew is a slightly better manager but an infinitely worse human being.

I don't want either to manage my football club, but at least if I was stuck in a lift with Bruce I'd have decent odds of the floor not being covered with his entails when the doors finally opened.

Not replacing Perez with another natural no10 was absolutely criminal.

The buying team just buy players on future potential, their remit doesn't really have much to do with team building. That was the problem with Rafa, he was making too much noise about making a good team, which interfered with Mike's profit plans. Bruce will play along with the lucky dip bag approach much nicer.

This is false. They are about the same but Bruce is better. Him being a Geordie is also gives him a slight advantage on understanding how things will work being a Newcastle Manager.

Agreed, it also massively helped John Carver too.

Agreed, it also massively helped John Carver too.

All 3 of them have their rightful place in a bin labeled shit.