Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Look forward to him doing well elsewhere.

I would be honoured to see him play for the likes of Arsenal.

Never going to happen. Still, for every 9 occasions when he wastes possession, there's the one time when he produces something. And that's what happened.

Look forward to him doing well elsewhere.

I would be honoured to see him play for the likes of Arsenal.

Never going to happen. Still, for every 9 occasions when he wastes possession, there's the one time when he produces something. And that's what happened.

Absewlewtly fewmin. Imagine he’s Sammy and live a little man ffs.

Really good buy at what £16.5 million?

Can only imagine what a terror he would be in a team that put him in better positions more consistently.

there's a chance that this setup, i.e. no setup, suits him very as well as he's free to do whatever the fuck he likes and there's very little in the way of instructions for him to follow

would he be as good in a team that retains the ball and looks to create space with it?  i'm not so sure myself

Can only imagine what a terror he would be in a team that put him in better positions more consistently.

there's a chance that this setup, i.e. no setup, suits him very as well as he's free to do whatever the fuck he likes and there's very little in the way of instructions for him to follow

would he be as good in a team that retains the ball and looks to create space with it?  i'm not so sure myself

It could be a balance between the two.

For example, Wolves play our exact system, but pass the ball well and keep the ball far better than we do.

Within that setup, Traore is given complete freedom to play his way on the right side, and he causes chaos for defences, creating a lot of chances.

you not think he would end up with more of the ball that way?

Guest NobbyOhNobby

It could be a balance between the two.

For example, Wolves play our exact system, but pass the ball well and keep the ball far better than we do.

Within that setup, Traore is given complete freedom to play his way on the right side, and he causes chaos for defences, creating a lot of chances.

Is it not the exact opposite with traore? He's now playing with discipline and is seen as far more of a cohesive team player this season, exemplified by the fact that he's played a few games at wing-back. He definitely doesn't have complete freedom, he plays quite a disciplined role within a well drilled side