Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Asked what Ben Arfa said to him, Saint-Maximin said: “He said to me ‘it’s amazing – the supporters and atmosphere are amazing’. He told me to come. He said to me a lot of good things. For this I want to do.”

Saint-Maximin – who made his debut in Saturday’s 2-1 win over Saint-Etienne – says Ben Arfa is one of his heroes.

“For dribbling, I love Hatem so much,” said Saint-Maximin. “I love a lot of players, but, for me, it’s Ben Arfa. He scored a lot of good goals. He had an injury one time, and maybe this was a bit difficult for him, but everybody knows he’s a great player.”

Asked what Ben Arfa said to him, Saint-Maximin said: “He said to me ‘it’s amazing – the supporters and atmosphere are amazing’. He told me to come. He said to me a lot of good things. For this I want to do.”

Saint-Maximin – who made his debut in Saturday’s 2-1 win over Saint-Etienne – says Ben Arfa is one of his heroes.

“For dribbling, I love Hatem so much,” said Saint-Maximin. “I love a lot of players, but, for me, it’s Ben Arfa. He scored a lot of good goals. He had an injury one time, and maybe this was a bit difficult for him, but everybody knows he’s a great player.”

And I'm back in.

Stevie Brucies black and white army.

Rafa whoo-ooh, Rafa who?

Rafa whoo-ooh, Rafa who?

Rafa signed Bellamy. I’m sure if he thought he’d do it on the pitch, he’d take a chance.

Bellamy was a competitive person and demanded excellence from his team mates, didn't have a reputation of being late for training and worked hard on the pitch.

Reading the stuff from the Nice fan it doesn't seem like this kid is anything like that.

Rafa signed Bellamy. I’m sure if he thought he’d do it on the pitch, he’d take a chance.

Bellamy was a competitive person and demanded excellence from his team mates, didn't have a reputation of being late for training and worked hard on the pitch.

Reading the stuff from the Nice fan it doesn't seem like this kid is anything like that.

I think it will come down to how he's managed. Clearly he has a truckload of talent and ability, but will need a manager who can get him to do the right things at the right times and put the team needs ahead of his own.

An 18mill  signing like maximin will surely go straight into the 1st team , while i would suggest he would be better starting on the bench and building his minutes.

Young lad

New club

New country

New league

Straight in at the deep end (all very similar to joelinton)

Sink or swim .

Regardless , I think this lad will get off to a decent start , then as the season sets in he will struggle and start getting stick.

I can see him struggling at some point  with 'unjurys'

I have access to inSTAT for a month, so I've been going through all his best actions. Seems he can pass quite well but the strikers spurned a lot fo chances he created. He ranks high for Key Passes.

Could end up like Sissoko. Passes were technically completed but he was constantly passing behind runners or into areas that would require a miracle of a first touch to keep control.

I have access to inSTAT for a month, so I've been going through all his best actions. Seems he can pass quite well but the strikers spurned a lot fo chances he created. He ranks high for Key Passes.

If anyone's arsed:

GZQwj60.png

far left is his defensive contributions btw :lol: sure Brucey will love that. Downloaded some footage if I can be arsed I'll upload it to a video site but it's doubtful unless I get really bored

I thought that about him when I watched his youtube video. Looked like he was making quite a few good passes after beating players but the video would end before the final shot. Presumably because crappy forwards were messing up the chances.