Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

This just reminds me of the Rondon abuse last summer.

I know you guys want to see the team do badly, but the fact is some really talented attacking players have been added to a a sturdy defence and midfield that both really came on last season.

Yeah but you're using logic, which isn't something which applies when Steve Bruce is the manager.

Will this fella play on the tight? Seems to be left sided predominantly?

We might we be able to squeeze him in there.

Seems like hes the kind of guy who takes up the maximin amount of room tbf

To anyone spouting shite saying we’ve sold/lost our best attackers, well Rondon wasn’t ours, he didn’t want to sign on because Rafa left so that’s the end of that. Good luck to him.

Ayoze is a more peculiar one, a quick read through his threads highlights that a majority on here thought he was dogshit for the majority of his time here, besides a little purple patch last season.

And the truth of the matter is that he was. Nobody knows what version would have shown up in pre season. He obviously fancied a change.

This lad Saint-Maximin could be brilliant, or a load of shit but let’s not write him off just yet. If certain people are just going to shit all over everything to do with nufc this year, can you lot just fuck off and do it quietly? Bunch of contrary wenches.

Nobody is happy with Bruce being here but we’ve had worse and still supported the team. Ask yourself, were you that negative when Souness was manager?

That said, while Souness was a terrible manager, he did have some standards. He wouldn't sign up to rubber stamp players he'd never heard of.

Luque?

Guest neesy111

To anyone spouting shite saying we’ve sold/lost our best attackers, well Rondon wasn’t ours, he didn’t want to sign on because Rafa left so that’s the end of that. Good luck to him.

Ayoze is a more peculiar one, a quick read through his threads highlights that a majority on here thought he was dogshit for the majority of his time here, besides a little purple patch last season.

And the truth of the matter is that he was. Nobody knows what version would have shown up in pre season. He obviously fancied a change.

This lad Saint-Maximin could be brilliant, or a load of shit but let’s not write him off just yet. If certain people are just going to shit all over everything to do with nufc this year, can you lot just fuck off and do it quietly? Bunch of contrary wenches.

Nobody is happy with Bruce being here but we’ve had worse and still supported the team. Ask yourself, were you that negative when Souness was manager?

Yes I wanted up to lose games and have never forgiven Gareth Barry for that penalty miss.

I’m all for protests (although my personal opinion is still that we should focus on Sports Direct and disrupting their day to day) and I’m fully behind the Ashley Out campaign.

However, i’ll never understand the desire for new players to do badly or for the team to do badly. Just because you don’t like the owner / manager. It doesn’t make sense to me at all.

Yes I wanted up to lose games and have never forgiven Gareth Barry for that penalty miss.

That and Lee Clark injury-time equaliser v Boro. We couldn’t get rid of him.

Guest neesy111

That and Lee Clark injury-time equaliser v Boro. We couldn’t get rid of him.

I forgot about that, I had people celebrating near me and I just walked out.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

Trying to figure out how he and Miggy play in the same 11

3-4-3. In a front three with Joelinton.

Guest Howaythetoon

Never got behind Souness’ appointment, he was a disaster, but never wanted the Toon to lose, supported him while he was the manager and his only fault was he was shit. He had standards though, we were a top 6 club in ever sense even if we didn’t finish in such positions. That club is a million light years ahead of what exists today and Souness wipes the floor with Bruce as a manager. If he achieves the level of shitness Souness did here, he’d be winning the lottery as our manager :lol:

Mind, I don’t hate Bruce either and thus far his only crime is he’s a shit manager too. He’s got 9 months to turn into a figure of hate and wishing death on like Pardew, that’s the standard not Souness.

Looks like the type of player we’ll destroy in no time at all. Under Rafa we were tight and kept the ball reasonably well, we’re going to be surrendering possession all over the place if we play this lad, Joelinton and Miggy in the same team. Back to the days of conceding 4 goals on a fairly regular basis; our shape will be all over the place.

3-4-3 worked last season and most of our players know that system. Also don't see the reason to have 3 central midfielders when we play 3 central defenders. I think you get more balance between defence and attack in a 3-4-3 than in a 3-5-2.

3-4-3 is the best way to play football at the moment.

Assuming we sign N’Soki and Maximin and Bruce sticks to his favoured 352 we could line up something like:

Dubravka

Shah.    Lascelles    Dummett

Almiron  Hayden  Shelvey Longstaff N’Soki

Maximin

Joelinton

Darlow #

Clark #

Lejuene *

Fernandez #

Yedlin *

Sterry

Manquillo #

Ritchie *

M longstaff #

Ki

Atsu *

Murphy

Aaron’s #

Muto #

Gayle *

* Injured     

# on bench

Like the guy after watching this.

But highlight reels from games, oh dear, very erratic and crosses like missiles, unfortunately not guided ones.

Young though, could definitely get better.

Kaka’s been watching him since he was 8 months old, watches him train every day. Trust kaka.

3-4-3 worked last season and most of our players know that system. Also don't see the reason to have 3 central midfielders when we play 3 central defenders. I think you get more balance between defence and attack in a 3-4-3 than in a 3-5-2.

3-4-3 is the best way to play football at the moment.

I think Rafa Benitez is the last we’ll see of 3-4-2-1 unfortunately :(

Most likely to play his 3-5-2 he’ll rotate Saint-Maximin & Almiron to partner Joelinton.

He might go 4-3-3 at some points in the season though(Played it at Villa)