Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

I’ve discovered that the programming directors at Optus Sports (Australia) are Sunderland fans - they are running “club days” during the Coronavirus period, and today is Newcastle United day. A whole day of Toon programming!

Except the first match was the 1-0 win over Chelsea from this season, followed by Alan Pardew’s first match as Toon boss (against Liverpool). We were fucking awful for both of those games. Surely it wouldn’t be too hard to pick ten better wins in the PL era to feature than those two.

Which footballer did you used to try and be in the back garden/school playground when you were growing up? Anyone do any weird stuff looking back at it?

I used to love Solano so much so that I used to cross myself when I scored just because he did it. 

When I went in goal I used to pretend to be Fabien Barthez because I heard on a video that he'd only ever conceded 2 goals . My young brain didn't want to accept it was only 2 goals in World Cup 98 not his career. I also used to copy this Laudrup celebration:

45e84215-5b34-4c4c-8edc-324853349549.jpg?publicKey=cms-ro&t%5B0%5D=tv2cropping%3Awidth%3D620%2Cheight%3D349&t%5B1%5D=compress%3Alevel%3D15&accessToken=bbdb9edda6cdd3493651f896d398ae3b8c1e6ee17203f048c10b993783b7c108

Off the top of my head...

- Used to tap the non existent Anfield sign on my way down the stairs at my parents, still do.

- wear cycling shorts Andy Cole style

- Did this for quite a while anytime I scored n all.

B1Wpt76CUAEpe_f.png

Guest Howaythetoon

I used to practice Le Tissier free-kicks or that goal he scored against us. Shearer pile drivers too. I idolised Andy Cole so tried to play like him :lol:

I used to practice Le Tissier free-kicks or that goal he scored against us. Shearer pile drivers too. I idolised Andy Cole so tried to play like him :lol:

Cole and Klinsmann were why I want to be a striker, I used to do the Cole finish on the turn as much as I could :lol: