The Title Race

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Okay. Fair enough.

Just a reminder that Kaizero used to hate Messi as well. :lol:

I fucking hate Messi.

Hyperbole, tbf :lol: I'm obviously not a fan, however. He's being portrayed as a saint but he's (as far as I can tell) just another cunt. Story of how he made a thirteen year old youth player cry being the point of no return for my disliking him :lol:

Wait, what? When was this?

Man City is the harmless option out of everyone on the top 6, fuck everyone else (Spurs out of pure jealousy tbh). Man City have won it so many times already that I doubt even their fans really get much pleasure from winning it. And against Liverpool it's a real no contest as fuck Liverpool and their cunt fans.

Harmless was a poor choice of word but someone still has to win it and I just don't have the same old hatred towards City that I have against everyone else.

And obviously strong IMO.

Guest firetotheworks

Sticking to solely football it's a coin toss for me, they're both exceptional purist football teams and champions in most other seasons I suspect.

It probably swings it that I like Klopp, my grandad was a Scouser, albeit not into football, I don't know any annoying glory hunter scousers, and Man City have got the unlimited funds and very dodgy human rights connection going against it. I've also kind of gone from really appreciating their outstanding football last season, to absolute boredom at watching them just systematically dismantle teams this season like a casual machine and feeling like there's no sense of competition in matches and if not for what looks like an unbelievable effort from Liverpool, the league too. They're like Ivan Drago.

Sticking to solely football it's a coin toss for me, they're both exceptional purist football teams and champions in most other seasons I suspect.

It probably swings it that I like Klopp, my grandad was a Scouser, albeit not into football, I don't know any annoying glory hunter scousers, and Man City have got the unlimited funds and very dodgy human rights connection going against it. I've also kind of gone from really appreciating their outstanding football last season, to absolute boredom at watching them just systematically dismantle teams this season like a casual machine and feeling like there's no sense of competition in matches and if not for what looks like an unbelievable effort from Liverpool, the league too. They're like Ivan Drago.

I think this is the key difference. I'm older, and grew up surrounded by the fuckers. Non-Liverpool fans my age really hate the fuckers, and have been nursing that hate for decades.

Didn't realise Liverpool play us in between their Barca matches. Cannot see Rafa rolling over, and think it will be where Liverpool stumble.

Here's hoping, anyway :thup:

Not gonna matter anyway, city will win remaining games.

City are favourites still, but Burnley away could be a bigger challenge than Man U. Burnley can be quite determined, and they'll have had an extra two days' rest.

As for us, I can see us losing our last three games. Now we're safe, and with players out, I think we'll switch off like we did last season.

Didn't realise Liverpool play us in between their Barca matches. Cannot see Rafa rolling over, and think it will be where Liverpool stumble.

I didn't realise either.

fwiw, I reckon we'd get something with Lejeune, Schar and Almiron, but I don't know with their replacements. Less pace and playmaking from the back makes it much easier for them. As a background, I am a believer in the fixture list being much more important than is claimed. For us, no wins until November would have seen off a less established manager than Rafa, simply due to hard fixtures. Had Brighton had the same fixtures, Hughton probably would have gone.

I didn't realise either.

fwiw, I reckon we'd get something with Lejeune, Schar and Almiron, but I don't know with their replacements. Less pace and playmaking from the back makes it much easier for them. As a background, I am a believer in the fixture list being much more important than is claimed. For us, no wins until November would have seen off a less established manager than Rafa, simply due to hard fixtures. Had Brighton had the same fixtures, Hughton probably would have gone.

Schar will be playing.

That must be soul destroying for Liverpool watching Man City come through those two games the way they did like. Can see Liverpool drawing up here.

If it does end in a draw, reckon we'll get criticized (again) for sticking to our game plan and not going at them.

That must be soul destroying for Liverpool watching Man City come through those two games the way they did like. Can see Liverpool drawing up here.

If it does end in a draw, reckon we'll get criticized (again) for sticking to our game plan and not going at them.

Sky love Liverpool so they will destroy us for taking points off them. :lol: