Newcastle 1-1 Watford - post match reaction from page 7

Greg

Scrappy game. We were well on top of them in the second half and had some good opportunities to win the game. I’m trying to give Almiron the benefit of the doubt but he annoyed me today. Either way, he should always be in the team as he’s a spark. Atsu was pretty good. I didn’t like his corners though. Took two of them short when we brought our entire defense up. Willems created a couple chances. He’s good at getting out of of tight spaces. Dubs made some great saves. Joelinton played really well, it’s just a shame no one could create any chances for him to get on the end of. He had to do everything by himself. May have been a half chance but wish Muto had shot a second earlier at the end of the game. Schar MOTM for the goal and just trying to make something happen.  Special mention to Lascelles for that run down the left wing. Could have scored from that action.

Just pointless posting now, if anyone cares about individual match results they can go ahead. I was actually disappointed when Newcastle scored for the first time ever, it’s beyond the point of no return now. Gradually switching off from the whole sport as well.

Why are you in a match thread then? Weird how much the I dont care lot need everyone to know they dont care.

This.

Got to agree, like. I'm not going back but I'm still finding it impossible to switch off 100%. I hate Ashley, hate Bruce, won't be going back under Ashley but don't want the club to go the way of Sunderland for instance.

Same here. I understand the sentiment behind wanting us to go under with Ashley at the helm, but it will still be us suffering more than him. I still get happy when we win, and feel pissed off when we lose. The only difference from the last few years is there is absolutely nothing to look forward to now because I have no respect for Bruce's methods. With Rafa there was still some satisfaction in watching a master at work, getting the best out of a limited bunch. Bruce is an embarrassment in comparison.

Just pointless posting now, if anyone cares about individual match results they can go ahead. I was actually disappointed when Newcastle scored for the first time ever, it’s beyond the point of no return now. Gradually switching off from the whole sport as well.

Why are you in a match thread then? Weird how much the I dont care lot need everyone to know they dont care.

This.

Got to agree, like. I'm not going back but I'm still finding it impossible to switch off 100%. I hate Ashley, hate Bruce, won't be going back under Ashley but don't want the club to go the way of Sunderland for instance.

Same here. I understand the sentiment behind wanting us to go under with Ashley at the helm, but it will still be us suffering more than him. I still get happy when we win, and feel pissed off when we lose. The only difference from the last few years is there is absolutely nothing to look forward to now because I have no respect for Bruce's methods. With Rafa there was still some satisfaction in watching a master at work, getting the best out of a limited bunch. Bruce is an embarrassment in comparison.

The difference now is I’m more ‘meh’ if we lose. It doesn’t hurt as much because I hate what the club is now, but still enjoy a win.

Many there today?

Significant amount of empty seats. I'd be surprised if there was more than 42k there. Official attendance will claim more, of course.

42k is believable today, unlike Arsenal.  Was masses of empty spaces visible today.

Shame we couldn't get a winner. 35 mins in and 1-0 down, I would have probably taken the point. We really need to be winning the Brighton home game in 3 weeks though.

No we don't

Liverpool away next. We need to win the Brighton game.

Shame we couldn't get a winner. 35 mins in and 1-0 down, I would have probably taken the point. We really need to be winning the Brighton home game in 3 weeks though.

What a f***ing awful post that is :lol:

Mind, think this bloke has me on ignore, superior being and that.

Best case scenario is we are relegated with games to spare then fans might actually not attend and boycott in significant numbers, Ashley sells up cut price deal in the summer thinking no ones going to turn up for the championship season

Did it brush Hayden’s arm before the goal if so should been disallowed

Watford players arm.

giphy.gif

See VAR thread. Beat you to it.

Not wrong btw, it didn't touch Hayden arm, it did touch the Watford arm.

Just also hit Hayden's hand.

Guest neesy111

I've found that's exactly what I want to happen to us. Keep losing until the club costs Ashley money. No-one knows what happens after that, but going along as we are is hell.

:thup: