Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Did well at the back end of last season

That's true but so did everyone. Kenedy's regressed worse imo. Ritchie's dipped etc.

I think Perez could be a decent proper striker off the bench. But he is what he is. 1.5m punt from the Spanish second division. The dangermen at the likes of Everton and West Ham - teams we should compete with - cost £30 to £50m. That's the gulf in class.

Totally agree.  You get what you pay for unfortunately for us, and with the FCB in charge, we are only going to get Lee Cooper and Firetrap rather than Ferrari or Rolex.

Such a shame about Richie though, there is definitely a good player there, but he's regressed so much for some reason.

I've said this before but I don't think it's easy being an attacker under Benitez at all. That's a contributing factor.

I don't know about Valencia but he had Carew and Aimar. Carew I think had one great goalscoring season but overall wouldn't class him as a top striker. A decent goalscorer and a good target man I think is fair.

At other teams I think some of our attackers could perform better. We've seen it with Mitro. But I don't think Perez and Ritchie's ceilings are close to Mitro. I think there's a couple levels Kenedy could do.

MOTM. And yet there were still thick c***s having a go at him for their second goal, and when he was on the deck with a bleeding nose. FFS.

I was having a go at him for their second like, it was poor losing it there, he had a canny game though.

Kenedy did similar which could have cost us aswell, i get we want people to try things, but not at that point in the game.

Just got in from the game. From where I was siting it looked like he should have taken it in the corner before the break for the goal but lost possession. Did I see it right?

Yes and no from me. People were screaming and shouting about game management and taking it in the corner as i was leaving the ground but he had a chance to score or play someone in and win us the game and there's no better way to waste time and win the game than actually scoring a goal.

Personally thought that in the context of the game both teams were going all out to win it late on and i can't fault him for it. He could have took it the corner and lost possession anyway,

MOTM. And yet there were still thick c***s having a go at him for their second goal, and when he was on the deck with a bleeding nose. FFS.

I was having a go at him for their second like, it was poor losing it there, he had a canny game though.

More angry at our defenders backing off their player who had the initial shot rather than Perez tbh.

More angry at our defenders backing off their player who had the initial shot rather than Perez tbh.

Exactly. Take him down, get a yellow and get yourself set for the set piece, AND track the player who followed in and scored the rebound.

Well yea, was poor allround, could also say Dub shouldn't have parried it like that, but that would be very harsh.

Just a total gut punch.

Just got in from the game. From where I was siting it looked like he should have taken it in the corner before the break for the goal but lost possession. Did I see it right?

Yes and no from me. People were screaming and shouting about game management and taking it in the corner as i was leaving the ground but he had a chance to score or play someone in and win us the game and there's no better way to waste time and win the game than actually scoring a goal.

Personally thought that in the context of the game both teams were going all out to win it late on and i can't fault him for it. He could have took it the corner and lost possession anyway,

Aye, one of them was probably me and sorry mate but I disagree. Wolves had nowt all game except on the break and the chances they had all came from that kind of scenario. One's each in the 94th minute down to 10 men and I'd put my house on it that Shearer would have taken it to the corner.

Aye, one of them was probably me and sorry mate but I disagree. Wolves had nowt all game except on the break and the chances they had all came from that kind of scenario. One's each in the 94th minute down to 10 men and I'd put my house on it that Shearer would have taken it to the corner.

He probably would, but he also would most likely have kept it there and not lost possession whereas when we do that now we always seem to lose possession anyway going back a couple of seasons. Leeds in the championhip springs to mind where we did that and then lost it and they went and scored.

Jota walks the ball the length of the pitch unchallenged and it's this lads fault? Some people just love to hate.

Partially yes but certainly not the main reason. At the end of the day the referee cost us that game.