N-O Football Match - Red v Blue @ 10:30 on 18/05/19 @ Dunston Powerleague

Dr Venkman

The Nike one we use was only £15 and it's just the replica of the current PL ball, but there's been no complaints so far.

Whenever we've lost it over the 3G fence or whatever mid-game for a spell all the other balls we've used (Mitre, Umbro, other Nikes) haven't come close to it and plenty people have said so, asking for the original to be brought back on (not just me either!)

Well, now that the deadline has passed, I'd like to think we can agree a venue, date and time before Xmas and have the whole thing booked up?

My suggestion: Sunday 18th January, Parks Leisure Centre (North Shields).

Time up for discussion!

Can we have an early evening match, say 6pm? that way it's not taking up an entire day and still leaves time to go for a pint afterwards for those that can still walk.

Also, are we going to 'decide' teams beforehand so people know what colours to wear? Suggested in the other thread that we do home kits vs away kits (shirley, everyone has a toon top).

of course, as my name isn't "on the list", I might just be sticking my oar in where it's not needed..

I emailed the Parks about 3 weeks ago asking for a price list and they haven't replied yet.

Probably better off asking for a specific time of day and type of surface.

From memory, Coach Lane (last season) is approx:

£18/hour for 1/3-pitch

£30/hour for 2/3-pitch

£40/hour for entire pitch (Astroturf)

£25/hour for 1/3-pitch

£35/hour for 2/3-pitch

£55/hour for entire-pitch (3G)

I emailed the Parks about 3 weeks ago asking for a price list and they haven't replied yet.

£18/hour for 1/3-pitch

£30/hour for 2/3-pitch

£25/hour for 1/3-pitch

£35/hour for 2/3-pitch

3G?

????

3rd generation. Special Aphroturf :D

Guest LucaAltieri

£18/hour for 1/3-pitch

£30/hour for 2/3-pitch

£25/hour for 1/3-pitch

£35/hour for 2/3-pitch

3G?

????

3rd generation. Special Aphroturf :D

Is that the stuff you can get away with using proper football boots on?

Far better than astroturf, it's what the first team here at Hull Uni plays on when the weather is bad. Far less bouncy than the sand-based astroturf and acts much more like grass, although it'll still burn you up if you slide on it.

It's more expensive because it's a lot better, basically, you can wear any type of boot on it.

Guest Heneage

Far better than astroturf, it's what the first team here at Hull Uni plays on when the weather is bad. Far less bouncy than the sand-based astroturf and acts much more like grass, although it'll still burn you up if you slide on it.

It's more expensive because it's a lot better, basically, you can wear any type of boot on it.

So studs too?

Am I the only Durham Mag making the trip as obv I need to plan journey a little more not driving an all.

3G would be belter. 2 hours, £2.50 each.

£5 each.

Good point. For some reason I was basing that number on 44 people turning up :laugh:

Forgetting we're not playing Ultras and this is just N-O v N-O :blush:

So studs too?

Am I the only Durham Mag making the trip as obv I need to plan journey a little more not driving an all.

Aye. I wear blades but plenty of lads on our team wear studs with no complaints.

Does this place in Sheilds have the 3G stuff?

I play on it every Monday here when I play at Manchester City's Academy and it's so much better than astro.

Coach Lane is pretty easy to get to, only a short walk from Four Lane Ends Metro.

Guest Heneage

Does this place in Sheilds have the 3G stuff?

I play on it every Monday here when I play at Manchester City's Academy and it's so much better than astro.

Coach Lane is pretty easy to get to, only a short walk from Four Lane Ends Metro.

4 buses an hour up too.