Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest reefatoon

Still think it's gonna be a "yes" but f*** me! Honestly think when it does happen I'll be like "meh". This whole process has just ground me down.

Yep, it’s completely killed any excitement and enthusiasm.

This is the first week where I forgot about the takeover. Don't know if that's good or bad.

That’s exactly what Qatar and Bein want. I do feel Saudi and the other members of the consortium could be doing a bit more in terms of PR. The Reubens for example could easily exert some influence.

This is the first week where I forgot about the takeover. Don't know if that's good or bad.

That’s exactly what Qatar and Bein want. I do feel Saudi and the other members of the consortium could be doing a bit more in terms of PR. The Reubens for example could easily exert some influence.

PR counts for shit when the PL knows the monies involved.

Not sure if this story has any impact overall, but surely it highlights to Masters and co the unscrupulous nature of the Qatari’s.

They do seem a special bunch capable of bribery at the highest level to get their way.

Still think it's gonna be a "yes" but f*** me! Honestly think when it does happen I'll be like "meh". This whole process has just ground me down.

Yep, it’s completely killed any excitement and enthusiasm.

I can understand that feeling, totally.

However, when you see Amanda talking on Sky Sports News (and every news channel) saying "We the new proud OWNERS of Newcastle United" etc . . . and her outlining the new club objectives, the new members of the board, the plans for a new Training Ground, the plans for the Stadium, and answering questions positively about "where they intend the club to be within three years and the type of players and manager they intend to have" . . .

THEN YOU WILL FEEL DIFFERENTLY.

I'm SURE, you will be excited again!

I know I will !!!

Not sure if this story has any impact overall, but surely it highlights to Masters and co the unscrupulous nature of the Qatari’s.

They do seem a special bunch capable of bribery at the highest level to get their way.

:lol:

I'm pretty sure he's already aware.

The efl’s incompetence let Wigan get taken over by nobodys who can’t finance the club and now the EFL are punishing Wigan for its own incompetence by docking them 12 points.

Can’t really compare the ease of Wigan getting taken over to our takeover, though. The PL is run seperate.

I remain resigned to Ashley being here forever and it won’t change until everything’s 100% done to the tee in terms the club being sold. Therefore, I remain without hope for now.

:lol:

I'm pretty sure he's already aware.

You would think so but the fact they appear to have been calling the shots for 13 weeks would suggest despite being unscrupulous they carry a lot of influence.

Though that credibility is purely down to the 500 million at stake, the fact remains the PL are allowing themselves to be held over a barrel by a people accused of bribery and corruption.

Guest chopey

Fuckin hate these Qataries, such corrupt wankers and then I get get a text last night saying my dodgy channel on my smart tv is getting cancelled, I bet they've blocked me, Qatar fuckas

This part in particular rings very true when looking at what’s happened recently with SNP and journalists.

‘This allegedly involved recruiting prominent figures to criticise the bids in their own countries, thus giving the impression they lacked support at home‘.

‘Authorities are said to have recruited journalists and bloggers to promote negative stories in the states, Australian and international media, and organising grassroots protests at rugby matches in Australia.

‘The leaked documents also revealed that a group of American PE teachers had been recruited to ask congressmen to oppose a US World Cup on the grounds the money would be better spent on high school sports’.