Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

I’m not even sure he’s good enough for Bournemouth anymore tbh. 1 assist and 2 goals in the last two seasons in the league. Terrible numbers for someone whose game is all about end product.

Really hope he does go before he ends up having had more bad performances than good ones for us.

If he'd left/been upgraded on in summer 2018 he'd literally have gone down as one of our best ever buys, tbh. Absolutely integral to promotion and consolidation, and useful in Rafa's last season too (though it was achingly clear at that point that we needed to replace him). Machine-like in his productivity in the Championship and that goal against ManU was an especially brilliant moment, the Man City penalty too. The equalising volley down at Bournemouth was pretty special too.

Get yourself shot, Matt, and actually enjoy the last three or so years of your career. Don't wither away at this shitheap, you've earned yourself a good move. He should go with massive respect from the fanbase for his contribution in the Rafa years.

Really hope he does go before he ends up having had more bad performances than good ones for us.

If he'd left/been upgraded on in summer 2018 he'd literally have gone down as one of our best ever buys, tbh. Absolutely integral to promotion and consolidation, and useful in Rafa's last season too (though it was achingly clear at that point that we needed to replace him). Machine-like in his productivity in the Championship and that goal against ManU was an especially brilliant moment, the Man City penalty too. The equalising volley down at Bournemouth was pretty special too.

Get yourself shot, Matt, and actually enjoy the last three or so years of your career. Don't wither away at this shitheap, you've earned yourself a good move. He should go with give respect from the fanbase for his contribution in the Rafa years.

Pretty much my summation of him, hes probably been my favorite player of the last 3/4 years, and i'll always look back fondly at him, but he's in decline now, so is a good time to get rid.

Get yourself shot, Matt, and actually enjoy the last three or so years of your career. Don't wither away at this shitheap, you've earned yourself a good move. He should go with massive respect from the fanbase for his contribution in the Rafa years.

Fair comment, I’ve gone right off him recently but can’t argue against what he did under Rafa.

I will buy champagne the day this t*** f***s off.

Harsh, his only problem here is not being good enough at premier League level. His work rate and commitment have been good and hardly his fault the manager and owner didn't see he isn't capable playing at Premier League standard.

Rafa knew he couldn't play as a winger but found a position as wing back for him and have no doubt if he had a choice Ritchie, Shelvey and Gayle would have been moved on last season.

Great post and fully agree. 

I don't particularly enjoy watching him anymore and he's certainly past his best.  But I don't understand some of the flak aimed his way from our fanbase. 

That's a great post but tbh, I've a feeling he'll be hated due to his comments after he leaves.

He's got a lot to say about us, Ashley, expectations, fans etc.

My money says he'll be booed should we play them after he's signed, not due to his performances for us but for his opinions thereafter.

I honestly don’t think he gets the credit he deserves for what he’s done here. Anyone who got to many games in our Championship season knows how much he carried us at times when no one else did. He also had some huge games in the Premier League for us in our first season back. That isn’t to say it isn’t time for him to move on though, his pace was letting him down when Rafa moved him to wing back and it seems to have dropped off a bit again. It was a very odd decision to give him a new deal.

I’m massively grateful to our destroyer of corner flags though and anyone celebrating his sale wants their heads looking at.

I was thinking he should have been Nolan #2 (before he became a huge Ashley apologist) - drag us up out the Championship with goals and his character, help us consolidate, move on and cheers for the efforts, remembered fondly.

The fact he's still here is a joke, he's nowhere near good enough even as an occasional starter.