Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Martinez is the wrong man in my opinion. He sets his teams up to play out from the back. That takes time and  we don’t have time. We just need a motivator in short term. Has Ray Hudson ever managed?

I would be floored if Martinez would be willing to drop Belgium for us lol. He only signed a contract extension last year to the end of 2022. They have World Cup qualifiers in March too. If he was actually lined up for here, I imagine it would be after the Euros with Jones doing recon and taking some instruction from him prior. Still a long shot I would think.

Didn't Wigan replace Bruce with Martinez way back?

Wheres this talk of Martinez coming from anyway, he's Belgium manager heading to Euros  :lol:

Rationalizing why we identified and paid money for Jones to come on board. Then a bit of guesswork lol

Wheres this talk of Martinez coming from anyway, he's Belgium manager heading to Euros  :lol:

I’m thinking after the Euros in that case, although I can’t really see it happening :lol:

Guest neesy111

They did, when Bruce left Wigan for Sunderland in 2009.

Are there any facts as behind why he's been appointed? All seems a bit too tinfoil hat to think it some master plan to appoint him to undermine Bruce.

Could legitimately see Bruce saying he wants a new face in his coaching team, and it's not that far fetched Jones would be one of a few names Bruce probably suggested.

His appointment shortly followed Bruce coming out saying 'he's doing it his way now'...

Loads of wild speculation that he is coming in to replace Bruce, as a stop gap until Martinez/Rafa take over, to undermine Bruce and force him to quit etc. etc.

But in reality, none of that is as likely as a throw of the dice by Ashley to allow Bruce to continue and keep us in 17th.

If Bruce was even remotely close to being canned, why make this move? Dawson is highly regarded internally and will likely be promoted to caretaker manager in the event of Bruce leaving. Makes no sense to have this appointment other than to try and support Bruce.

Newcastle are a shell of a club that is ran on a shoestring, our caretaker manager if Bruce goes was the groundsman, Charnley or Shola, we now have a bloke that could take over for a short period, I just dont understand the fanfair.

I'm behind whichever manager comes in under a new regime; don't care who it is providing they've been appointed based on sound football logic, with the intention of helping to make the club the best it can be.

Whoever is the manager under Ashley is either an idiot or just grateful for a job (or both), and they can basically get fucked.

I'm behind whichever manager comes in under a new regime; don't care who it is providing they've been appointed based on sound football logic, with the intention of helping to make the club the best it can be.

Whoever is the manager under Ashley is either an idiot or just grateful for a job (or both), and they can basically get f***ed.

:clap:

Incredible how low our expectations have fallen when some actually seem interested and enthused by this Jones cunt. It would be an even bigger embarrassment that kinnear if/when this failed luton manager becomes Newcastle manager.

No it wouldn’t. And I don’t think anyone is excited about Jones, we just want Bruce out.

I won’t pretend to know everything about him, but calling him a ‘failed manager’ because of a part-season at Luton is a bit unfair.

In the 9 games after he left: Luton won 4, drew 4 and lost 1.

In the 9 games before he left: Luton won 4, drew 1 and lost 3.

They were already on the ‘road to recovery’ before he left. He was nowhere near a failure with a club who were predicted to finish 24th.

He also left due to financial pressures at Luton and not due to his performance.

I won’t pretend to know everything about him, but calling him a ‘failed manager’ because of a part-season at Luton is a bit unfair.

In the 9 games before he left: Luton won 4, drew 2 and lost 3.

They were already on the ‘road to recovery’ before he left. He was nowhere near a failure with a club who were predicted to finish 24th.

He also left due to financial pressures at Luton and not due to his performance.

Was supposed to be ‘drew 2’* in the 9 before he left.

It won’t let me edit it.

So either Jones has been brought in to soon be caretaker manager, or he's a handover to Martinez.

Hopefully we're in the endgame, anyway. I reckon Ashley believe he'll be gone in a few weeks, so paying off Bruce can be the Saudis' problem.

In the 9 games before he left: Luton won 4, drew 2 and lost 3.

Was supposed to be ‘drew 2’* in the 9 before he left.

It won’t let me edit it.

It will. The little pencil and paper icon bottom right of your post, to modify message in-line.

So either Jones has been brought in to soon be caretaker manager, or he's a handover to Martinez.

Hopefully we're in the endgame, anyway. I reckon Ashley believe he'll be gone in a few weeks, so paying off Bruce can be the Saudis' problem.

:lol:

Is it April again!? People go on like Ashley has to personally pay Bruce off out his own pocket! It will only be a couple of million quid and it will be out the clubs money.

:lol:

Is it April again!? People go on like Ashley has to personally pay Bruce off out his own pocket! It will only be a couple of million quid and it will be out the clubs money.

Said the same about a week or so ago. Really irritates me the way it's constantly phrased by the media and even fans like its Mike's own money. No other team is spoken about in this way. Also £1million should be nothing money to a Premier league team in 2021, especially when the cost if we are relegated is so much more.