Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

So poor this season. Too slow, passing is wayward. It’s almost as if we got carried away too soon. People will use the Benitez card naturally but I’m just not convinced at all.

Surely the point is that under the 'Benitez card' he'd have continued progressing?

Half the players are probably shell-shocked at the transition, none of them are playing at the levels they were. He's going to look poor in this Bruce shambles, pretty much everyone does.

He can’t spend his full career under Benitez, though. The poor lad would have been mullered had he went to Man Utd. Benitez knew every players’ weakness and strength and got that out of them. Most of these players elsewhere would be very poor.

Of course not, but at least under Rafa he'd have been able to reach a certain potential. I don't think anyone here would disagree this situation has harmed his progression?

Young promising star went from Rafa to Bruce. The fuck kind of expectations do you have of him? A man who set his players for success and coached them in a manner of knowing their roles. New coach is about getting stuck in and having fun and a laugh. You don’t progress in football as a young player when you lose stability and you go from coach to coach. You may if you’re going Rafa to a coach of quality or instruction.  Rafa to Bruce is the opposite. Longstaff is not some seasoned pro who has enough in his locker. He doesn’t have a bunch of stars around him either.

I don’t think he has the attributes to progress though. He was able to do one of the easiest jobs on the pitch well (make yourself available in front of their two banks of 4) pass the ball to a team mate. He’s not very mobile, doesn’t have a great range of passing beyond the simple ball...maybe I’m being harsh but I’m guilty as anyone for getting carried away last season by him.

You’re being harsh. He covered insane amount of ground last season and even versus Spurs. His passing last season was fantastic. He was winning the ball all over the pitch and playing the ball quickly. Your memory is short.

Disappointed massively in that we’ll never see the best of him under that fat useless cunt

Worst part is he may never realise his full potential now.

And I'd still like to know why the fuck Matty was sitting up in the box with Bishop and the other slimeballs at, Tottenham was it? or Brighton?

No point putting him in the team under Bruce, the lack of movement in front of him is shocking so he resorts to a sideways or backwards pass, may as well just play Colback

Hopefully we can still get 50-60 mil for him. Use that to buy two small technically sound mobile midfielders.

Why do people (Newcastle fans) still think like this? It's like people speculating how much it would cost to buy the club. Ain't happening.

Sell a young unproven player for 60 million and then use the money to sign two or three experienced players and restructure the entire midfield. Leicester sold Harry Maguire for 85 million. What chance do we have of keeping him? Stop romanticizing the club. Time to get real.

Hopefully we can still get 50-60 mil for him. Use that to buy two small technically sound mobile midfielders.

Why do people (Newcastle fans) still think like this? It's like people speculating how much it would cost to buy the club. Ain't happening.

Sell a young unproven player for 60 million and then use the money to sign two or three experienced players and restructure the entire midfield. Leicester sold Harry Maguire for 85 million. What chance do we have of keeping him? Stop romanticizing the club. Time to get real.

You misunderstand. What I mean is there is no chance that this club will sign players suitable for the requirements, unless they just happen to have a release clause and by some coincidence happen to play the exact "system" our manager tries.

My post isn't about keeping Longstaff. It's about being realistic about our transfer activity. We sign players like Ki. Full stop.