Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Listening to Mourinho explain Rafas tactics the other day and realising we won't see him pop his glasses into his top pocket and then to have this amateur in charge grinds my gears

I do wonder if, once it becomes clear we're down under Bruce, Ashley might go for Mourinho a la the Rafa gamble. One thing he'll have presumably learned is that £6m or whatever for a top class manager is a lot less than £100m you need to prop up a shit one.

Listening to Mourinho explain Rafas tactics the other day and realising we won't see him pop his glasses into his top pocket and then to have this amateur in charge grinds my gears

I do wonder if, once it becomes clear we're down under Bruce, Ashley might go for Mourinho a la the Rafa gamble. One thing he'll have presumably learned is that £6m or whatever for a top class manager is a lot less than £100m you need to prop up a shit one.

Even that doesn't work which he found out with McClaren. A good manager is worth his weight in gold, worth more than any player. He could give Bruce £100m and I'd still bank on us going down. He gave Rafa nowt and we ended up 10th and 13th with the smallest transfer budget in the league.

5756cf801200005b0289598a.gif?ops=scalefit_630_noupscale

If he wanted a manager with a spine, why would he have forced Rafa out?

Mourinho wouldnt touch us with a 10ft barge pole. Not for any money.

Not so sure anymore, Mourinho seems to be going through a midlife crisis or something at the moment.

Not saying it'll happen I just wonder when Bruce walks or is binned whether he'll aim for the quality route instead of the PFM route.

I’m just waiting for it to be Wise at some point. We all know he’s got that card in his deck and he’s desperate to play it for the lols.

I've said this for years : Wise has been the poisonous dwarf behind much of Ashley's wrongdoings - ".. jas do it Mike, it'wwl piss those Geordies off, be a giggwwl..."

I’m just waiting for it to be Wise at some point. We all know he’s got that card in his deck and he’s desperate to play it for the lols.

Ha ha no doubt it's coming. 45k still would be like "get behind him man he's done nowt wrong yet"  :lol:

Remember when we good? Not Rafa good but top of the league in January good?  :lol: :'(

Yeah, we used to go for top managers and buy highly rated player back then. Funny how that works, and you end up at the top of the table.

Norwich were in the Championship last season so you'd think Bruce would have known more about their style of play than most other teams we are going to face.  This could get really interesting. :lol:

Norwich were in the Championship last season so you'd think Bruce would have known more about their style of play than most other teams we are going to face.  This could get really interesting. :lol:

That's a terrifying thought :lol:

He definitely won’t aim for the quality route. Not if it involves paying money or giving up the dodgy transfer strategy.

Well yes and no -  if what I have read on here is true that we paid several million to get Bruce from SheffW and Bruce has a multimillion payoff clause? You could get some quality if you are prepared to do that imo. But totally agree that no one of quality would want the gig because of the transfer policy, can’ t understand why.............