Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Am split on this, if we were in better shape and signing players then I would be okay with us selling him, he cannot go kicking off with the manger, does not matter if its a temp one or not. But we are in shit stare player wise right now so sad fact is we need him.

Am split on this, if we were in better shape and signing players then I would be okay with us selling him, he cannot go kicking off with the manger, does not matter if its a temp one or not. But we are in s*** stare player wise right now so sad fact is we need him.

who cares what you think....what does the organ grinder think ?

Guest Wally_McFool

If Shearer gets the job, he's gone.

If Shearer (or whover the new manager may be) get the managers job and decide to replace Joey Barton, fine!

Until then, keep.

Guest Marley_The_Dog

Am split on this, if we were in better shape and signing players then I would be okay with us selling him, he cannot go kicking off with the manger, does not matter if its a temp one or not. But we are in s*** stare player wise right now so sad fact is we need him.

who cares what you think....what does the organ grinder think ?

Joey who?

Am just a dog mate, cannot form an opinion on human worth as footballers.

Skirge just dresses me up in Toon gear for you're amusement.

At the end of the day promotion is the most important thing for us right now (in terms of playing football anyway). Barton is by far the best midfielder we have, we would be mad to sell him if he wanted to stay. There is plenty of time to sell him next year if we have to, lets get back into the Premiership first though :thup:

Guest helios_centric

Get rid - there is no doubt at all in my mind. Has been nothing but trouble for us and will continue to be so. Expect more training ground bust-ups, random strops, red cards and god knows what other personal catastrophes he will bring upon himself.

He's an absolute twat of a human being but we're a better team with him in the middle of the park. At the end of the day, I want what's best for the team. If he's doing the business lots of fans can put up with him being a twat.

Guest beardieman

I vote keep. Best midfield player at the club reads the game well and can pass the ball also has a bit of pace

He's an absolute twat of a human being but we're a better team with him in the middle of the park. At the end of the day, I want what's best for the team. If he's doing the business lots of fans can put up with him being a twat.

This, we're in no position to be picking and choosing our players based on their personalities. We need good players, of which he is one.

Joey is a nasty c*** but i'd gladly have a team of nasty c***s playing if there going to get us promotion.

exactly, we weren't exactly a team of angels when we finished 3rd under Robson, good man management is what it's all about, and we've had none for years

Ronaldo is probably right,  Barton showed under a decent man-manager (Keegan) that he can be a quality player and that was in the PL, whether he can ever work under Shearer is another question.

If Shearer does get appointed I can't see him having enough time to sell Barton and get a replacement especially when we have more pressing problems in teh squad.

Ronaldo is probably right,  Barton showed under a decent man-manager (Keegan) that he can be a quality player and that was in the PL, whether he can ever work under Shearer is another question.

If Shearer does get appointed I can't see him having enough time to sell Barton and get a replacement especially when we have more pressing problems in teh squad.

what were these quality games that barton had under keegan ?

what were these quality games that barton had under keegan ?

Can't remember which game it was but one of them he broke up play loads making some good tackles, then you've got the Spurs game where he set up a couple of goals (I think).

As I said before though, at the moment he's got a lot to prove, it's all potential at the moment.

Barton produced the one quality cross of the whole evening which put both Jonas' and Duff's efforts to shame. But as he won't be playing too many matches i hope Shearer gets the job and kicks him out of the club for good.

If you can manage the dickhead in Barton and get him playing regular then he is more than capable of doing a decent job for us.  I thought some of his passes today were far more accurate and creative than the rest.