Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

So Rafa and Ashley met on Thursday. Then both respective agents and legal advisors for both parties thrashed out a provisional contract on Friday for both Ashley and Rafa to go over this weekend.

I assume this means Justin Barnes will be representing the club and dealing with Rafas team.

I’m not any more hopeful that he will stay but my understanding of it, is that there’s bits in the contract that Rafa wants and then bits that Mike does.. so it’s anyones guess if that’s enough to make it happen.

Barnes isn't a practising legal professional, so no. Club will be represented by their usual legal advisors (they use a number of firms for different things).

Absolute travesty if we lose this man

The Academy master plan that Rafa Benitez is trying to sell to Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/academy-master-plan-rafa-benitez-16295141#ICID=ios_ChronicleNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Ashley - I don't want to invest in players in their 30s there is no value for money.

Benitez - Fine lets invest in the academy and bring in our young players through.

Ashley - No don't want to do that either, costs a lot of money.

Benitez - So let me get this straight, you don't want to invest in players in their 30s, but not in the academy either.

Ashley - Glad you understand my vision.

quick lads get your money on rafa staying, heard skybet is canny

SkyBet has nothing to do with Sky Sports. Owned by The Stars Group that own PokerStars etc etc.

SkyBet has nothing to do with Sky Sports. Owned by The Stars Group that own PokerStars etc etc.

I thought BSkyB have a percentage in the company? Not a major percentage but a percentage.

I thought BSkyB have a percentage in the company? Not a major percentage but a percentage.

100% owned by The Stars Group these days.

Guest chopey

Sunday used to be the day Ashley got pissed and then made so sort of crackers decision in between fireplace spewing