Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Those subs were pretty atrocious. The team did exceed my expectations during the tournament though

Thought we had the right approach in first half. Had 2-3 chances to go ahead. Second half subs were horrendous. Out managed in the second half badly. No surprise on that front.

Does ESPN+ carry all MLS games? I pretty much like to have as much live football on my tv as possible. I have Direct TV Now and not one channel is showing one of the seven live games on right now. Currently watching TFC vs Montreal Impact on my chipped cable box which carries TSN but the quality isn’t quite HD. $4.99 isn’t much admittedly for ESPN+ but for none of the cable channels to not be showing one game is quite ludicrous.

• 3 weeks later...

Since this is bumped, we're currently in the midst of another freakout because several dual nationals have said no one from the senior usmnt staff have contacted them. Mexico actively meeting with two. Fun stuff

Welcome to experiencing the CSA. I think fans find more potential canadians and make them known in forums than they do. They still dont call lol

Don't worry you are still managing to poach Canadians.  David aside :)

Since this is bumped, we're currently in the midst of another freakout because several dual nationals have said no one from the senior usmnt staff have contacted them. Mexico actively meeting with two. Fun stuff

Welcome to experiencing the CSA. I think fans find more potential canadians and make them known in forums than they do. They still dont call lol

Yeah, Sydney La Roux was probably our best poach. Bonus points: she’s smoking hot too.

Yeah, Sydney La Roux was probably our best poach. Bonus points: she’s smoking hot too.

We got Janine Beckie though so it levels out!

We only got her for like one major tournament, too. The Aron Johannsson of the women's team

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

34 years since Canada last beat the States. Many will say the US performance was garbage. It was, but Canada were immense and outplayed the US in every department, it could have been 4 or 5. Huge win considering how Canada and other Nations have been screwed by Fifa for WC qualifying. Those ranking points will be invaluable. The return leg in Orlando next month will be huge.

Didn’t realise the guy from Consett who was manager of the ladies team is the men’s team’s manager now. Quite surprised his name hasn’t been linked with the Sunderland job.

John Herdman. He’s been the men’s national team manager for about a 2 years now. He’s got overall charge of every team from the juniors, upwards. In that regard he’s very much like Rafa where he likes overall control and has an overall vision. He’s much more attacking minded though, and Canada are thriving through him, not just the national team, but at all levels.

For what it’s worth though he’s a massive Newcastle fan. I’d love for him to be given a chance at a club over here, but Sunderland won’t have the patience for him to settle his style of play in, and it would be terrible if he went there and they ruined his chances.