The World Cup Final: France 4-2 Croatia

Greg

7/10 to the best player of the tournament apparently [emoji38]

Utter fucking shite.

That's the average rating from their matches throughout the tournament I assume. 7 is a very good average score the way they do it

Thiago Silva above Godin is a strange one. Bit of Paris bias I imagine

Really not. Thiago was immense as well. Loads of people having him as the CB of the tournament. Don't see how it's biased to have any of them above of each other. Only thing I'm certain of, is that both deserve to be there as they were BOTH great and imo far better than Umtiti, Varane or Vida.

Watching Thiago Silva live was an incredible experience. The way he reads the game was ridiculous, he was at his absolute best at this World Cup. Godin was freaking excellent as well, but didn't get to see him live. 

7/10 to the best player of the tournament apparently [emoji38]

Utter fucking shite.

That's the average rating from their matches throughout the tournament I assume. 7 is a very good average score the way they do it

It's not though, it's slightly above average :lol: I guarentee there's barely an 8 or a 9 among any of those players' individual match scores.

It's a nonsense. The idea of 5 being the average is a great one in principal if you use the entire spectrum, but they don't.

Guest firetotheworks

Not a single England player in there is daft like. I could understand if Meunier snuck in ahead of Trippier, but that Croatian rat at RB shouldn't be ahead of either. Him and Vida are in there because they made the final and nothing more imo, two of Varane and Godin or Umtiti is the only acceptable pairing really.

Vrsaljko had a great tournament, better than Trippier in open play. More than an acceptable pick at RB.

Agree with CBs.

Not a chance was he better than Trippier and Meunier. No way.

Guest firetotheworks

L'Equipe's team seems fair enough to me. Godin and maybe Kante a bit unlucky. Also love how l'Equipe start with 5 as an average rating and work from there rather than average being 7 like most papers401e77862162546f191d9b4d78940da6.jpg

That's the sort of system that I love, but the way they've actually executed it is terrible, everyone's in-between 5.86 and 7. :lol:

I love seeing these but that seems so weird for a World Cup final  :lol:

Basically - Pay attention to their ST, pass the ball quickly and give it to Mbappe, Griezmann needs to drop deeper.

And that was more or less it,not even using the tactics board  :lol:

For a half time team talk during the biggest game in football I kind of expected much more tactical detail than that.

It worked though!

I love seeing these but that seems so weird for a World Cup final  :lol:

Basically - Pay attention to their ST, pass the ball quickly and give it to Mbappe, Griezmann needs to drop deeper.

And that was more or less it,not even using the tactics board  :lol:

For a half time team talk during the biggest game in football I kind of expected much more tactical detail than that.

It worked though!

I mean, a lot is edited out you know :lol:

I figure this is the same as in basketball and maybe other sports. They're not going to give away proper tactical secrets so it gets condensed to 'run faster, tackle harder, care more, consider winning'.