Forum Service Issues and Updates

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did you fiddle with any indexes on search, Dave? that seems faster.

General forum browsing has always been zippy for me.

Haven't changed anything on search yet, but I would guess caching helps that anyway.

Broke how?

It was only for a few minutes for me. I tried to quote a post and a blank white dialog box opened at the top of my screen with a cross in the corner. The same box was returned if I tried to navigate away from the page using any link on N-O. Then when I tried to re-access the site it was down.

Full-site wanker on Chrome from an Android phone.

Guest firetotheworks

It's consistently slow for me now. Not too bad using the full site version (although the search function is very slow) but almost unusable on Tapatalk due to the load times for each section.

Guest firetotheworks

In relative terms, yeah. It's fine like, still functional, but not as lightening quick as it was, posting and editing takes longer, and the search function just times out.

In relative terms, yeah. It's fine like, still functional, but not as lightening quick as it was, posting and editing takes longer, and the search function just times out.

As it was when? It won't be as fast as it was when we were on a dedicated server, purely because it's not set up like it was then. That's essentially what I've been trying to do. But it should definitely be faster than it was prior to Monday night and prior to the big downtime we had a week or two back.

I will try and sort search out tonight, it's a problem for a few reasons at present.

Guest firetotheworks

As it was when? It won't be as fast as it was when we were on a dedicated server, purely because it's not set up like it was then. That's essentially what I've been trying to do. But it should definitely be faster than it was prior to Monday night and prior to the big downtime we had a week or two back.

I will try and sort search out tonight, it's a problem for a few reasons at present.

That's what I meant, sorry. As fast as it was before any changes were made. I haven't noticed any changes one way or the other following on from the changes since then. Tapatalk's the big one for me, but I'm sure you're sick of reading that by now.

I don't do this anywhere near enough as I should but thank you so much Dave et al for keeping this forum up and running and to such a high quality. Your efforts are much appreciated.