Forum Service Issues and Updates

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tapatalk problems must be a combination of the server switch and SSL I think. The traffic goes through their server so it's got to be that, plus others have reported the same issue with forums moving. Half a mind to bin it altogether tbh, the mobile theme is really quite good IMO.

Aside from that though, any thoughts on general functionality, speed etc? Is everything working as it should? Any faster?

Guest firetotheworks

The forum was never slow for me tbh. It's still fine on the full site for me, Tapatalk has a marginally faster load time than yesterday, but it's still slow.

Tapatalk problems must be a combination of the server switch and SSL I think. The traffic goes through their server so it's got to be that, plus others have reported the same issue with forums moving. Half a mind to bin it altogether tbh, the mobile theme is really quite good IMO.

Aside from that though, any thoughts on general functionality, speed etc? Is everything working as it should? Any faster?

Might be worth asking around but I'd 100% rather keep Tapatalk as it is than not be able to use it at all.

It works fine using the news feed which is the easiest way to see unread posts anyway, the only thing annoying me is the search function but I can go on the main site to do that.  So unless it's a pain to maintain or costs a lot or something I'd keep it.

How do you use the mobile theme?

Might be worth asking around but I'd 100% rather keep Tapatalk as it is than not be able to use it at all.

It works fine using the news feed which is the easiest way to see unread posts anyway, the only thing annoying me is the search function but I can go on the main site to do that.  So unless it's a pain to maintain or costs a lot or something I'd keep it.

Neither of those things, it's just annoying that it's not working correctly and it gets on my tits having to try and explain it. :lol:

Pure fuming if it doesn't seem quicker in normal use btw. :lol: Certainly does for me, but I can tweak the settings now the stuff is all installed and I [kind of] know what I'm doing.

Scratch the above. Forum seems to navigate quicker. Litmus test is always the what are you listening to thread, which now seems to load the forum quicker whilst managing the youtube links seperately? I'm used to the page load time of that thread being dependant upon the videos loading but couple of tests there seem to suggest the page load time isn't as affected by the video loads as I used to expect. Not done a great deal of testing, mind.  Does seem quicker overall. Can test Tapatalk later.

Dave, what you done server wise? Again a topic I might be able to help on if you have questions. Not read through this thread so may be past that part.

I'll PM you so the randoms that know their stuff can't laugh at me. :thup:

Haven't changed anything at all today btw, not noticed any slowness when I've been on.

The full reply option still seems to lag when using Chrome.

Have you updated Chrome to the latest version?

Apparently I had to go to Help - "About Google Chrome" for it to get to the latest version.

Now it works, thanks. :thup: