Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Ashley's obviously a massive dick, doesn't undo anything, but this is a good move from them.

Also should galvanize people staying away, obviously shows it's doing something.

It's short termism, papering over the cracks. A decision made on the hoof without any real thought for the long term implications just like everything else that Ashley does. Does he really think that Steve Bruce's well known 2nd-half-of-the-season magic is going to tempt these people to actually buy a ticket next season? If so, he will be disappointed.

All this will do now is show people that club will give away freebies if necessary. So they will sit and wait for the next handout.

Got to say I'm delighted that the "support the team" lads not only didn't wanna protest, but made the atmosphere that bad that Ashley is giving out free tickets and they're the ones getting punished. INJECT IT RIGHT INTO ME

Just have a quick scoot on twatter, dummies are being hoyed out everywhere "I've been buying my season ticket for years and never gave up, what do I get??". :lol: :lol: :lol:

You get your just desserts, that's what you get :lol:

Got to say I'm delighted that the "support the team" lads not only didn't wanna protest, but made the atmosphere that bad that Ashley is giving out free tickets and they're the ones getting punished. INJECT IT RIGHT INTO ME

:lol: It's fucking poetry in motion. I hope the fuckers are frothing at the mouth.

:lol: its honestly the best ever. They must be buzzing they stuck around

:snod: ;D

Ashley isn't really losing out on the deal here considering he's put standard season tickets up by 25% over the last 2 seasons.

He's pissing his paying customers off and pissing the pick and choose customers off (the one's that went to the Man U and Arsenal matches.) He's also publicly devaluing the brand.

Ashley isn't really losing out on the deal here considering he's put standard season tickets up by 25% over the last 2 seasons.

He's pissing his paying customers off and pissing the pick and choose customers off (the one's that went to the Man U and Arsenal matches.) He's also publicly devaluing the brand.

Yup. Evil cycle starts when giving out free tickets. Look what happend at Sunderland. Let's hope it continues so nobody dares buy tickets anymore in fear of losing out on freebies.

He’s been abusing the club they profess to worship for a decade and they still can't stuff their money into his pockets quickly enough man. He could burn their houses down and they’d still go. It’s very amusing to see them rattled though.

He’s losing out because a lot of people would have paid that if he’d did enough to keep Benitez on.

But he's saved around £5m per year in wages from what he was paying for Rafa and the pittance he's giving Bruce. Ironically probably what 10k season tickets are worth!

Just have a quick scoot on twatter, dummies are being hoyed out everywhere "I've been buying my season ticket for years and never gave up, what do I get??". :lol: :lol: :lol:

You get your just desserts, that's what you get :lol:

:lol: need to have a nice read of that

:lol:

He’s been abusing the club they profess to worship for a decade and they still can't stuff their money into his pockets quickly enough man. He could burn their houses down and they’d still go. It’s very amusing to see them rattled though.

Seemingly some people just like to be given it up the hoop by Ashley while pretending Bruce is doing a good job. Delusion of the highest order really.

I genuinely despair at the reactions of many ‘fans’ to this news. They’re lapping it up.

How blind can you be man?

As every week goes by I feel less and less attached to my club. The only thing that keeps me going is waiting for the day Ashley goes - my fear is that I’ll never ever get the passion back. I feel it’s been drained away forever.

Chronicle readers dream this: “Mikes redeemed himself. It’s always been my dream to take *insert family member name here* to the game and cheer on the mighty toons”

Doing the club's PR for them. Must've seen it on their timeline - or tweeted by their reporters - getting on for 10 times now, the most recent being 15 minutes ago.

Well if anyone would like to nominate me for a ticket PM me, it'd be much appreciated!

yikes

Fair enough and probably the correct response. I'm transplanted to the UK from overseas and will only be able to make a few games anyways, but there's still something about going to a match at SJP, and having a day out in Newcastle, after well over a decade of following on TV, that really excites me. But fuck me I haven't been able to bring myself to spring for train and match tickets since I gave up my season ticket two years back and if this gets me to a match or two I'd be happy about it. That's despite everything Ashley has done to the club and I imagine as a non-newcastle native it's a lot easier for me to dissociate the two.  But yeah - yikes is still probably correct.