Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Miggy was always going to be the fall guy because Bruce hasn't a clue how to use his attributes to best effect.  Apparently Bruce did the same at Villa with a couple of their young players. Just didn't have a clue how or where to play them so just sat them on the bench

He’s great, but he’s an AMC/10, not a winger.

i disagree,  think he's better as a winger,  was a threat today and put over a couple of good crosses, including laying on a sitter for Wilson and he was great down the left when he first came in under Rafa.  Also playing him wide you get the defensive cover that ASM didn't give today.  Last season away at Wolves he was fantastic, probably one of his best performances not only scoring a good goal but was brilliant in tracking back to nullify the threat of Traore.

Obviously the cups have boosted his numbers but since his assist v Man City I’m guessing his figures are canny compared to others in his role?

Another thing to consider is experience in this league. I think he can get better as he gets more of it, and that actually applies to Joelinton as well. One of the reasons I don't generally go ballistic when he doesn't hit the net often enough, Joe is still relatively young and can improve. Also the same applies, I think our football is better when he's in the side than when Carroll is. Joelinton likes the ball at his feet, if Carroll's in the team our defenders will just look to hoof it in his direction.