Sam Allardyce

Thespence

Guest bimpy474

I never got how he achieved media darling status to begin with when hes just at best your bang average hoof merchant and theres nothing progressive about his football in the slightest even in any kind of young english policy (his tendency has been older players)

Always thought he got away with it by having players like Jay Jay okocha, Fernando Hierro, that French forward who's name escapes me. Players like that always masked things, especially with the media.

Djorkaeff?

As I said he did a great job at Bolton even if they were probably overextending themselves in doing so and Blackburn wouldn't be in the mess they are in today if they'd kept but give him money and time and opportunity and he shows his limited one trick pony ways more than anyone else.

West Ham will stay up this season, the league is shit and if Carroll gets back (if not they'll gamble in Jan) they'll pick up more points and as the league is shit they'll survive but for the money spent on fees and wages compared to the return in results and entertainment the bloke is a criminal.

Spot on this  O0

Aye and it was Djorkaeff, ta ;)

Feel he's slightly mismanaging Morrison. If you look at how Martinez is managing Barkley, he seems to be very much keeping him in check and resting him before he gets burnt out and his form drops (similar to Sterling did last season after an extended run of games for Liverpool).

Allardyce on the other hand seems to be putting as much onto his shoulders and building him up as much as possible.

Guest bimpy474

Feel he's slightly mismanaging Morrison. If you look at how Martinez is managing Barkley, he seems to be very much keeping him in check and resting him before he gets burnt out and his form drops (similar to Sterling did last season after an extended run of games for Liverpool).

Allardyce on the other hand seems to be putting as much onto his shoulders and building him up as much as possible.

Thought exactly that during the game, he looked lost tonight.

It's daft. I thought he was exactly what we needed after the Roeder and Souness fiascos. And, at the time of the signings themselves, was pretty chuffed with our investment that summer. Unfortunately, though, they were a collection of absolute travesties, Faye and Enrique aside.

Viduka, Geremi, Cacapa - past it and unfit.

Beye - not bad, but he was more a mercenary than he was a good player.

Rozehnal - plain rubbish.

Alan Smith - fuck off.

right now he's all he has goalscoring wise/any kind of inspiration wise so its not surprising. Beyond belief he spent £10m on Downing when it was obvious they needed cover for a very injury prone Carroll.

It's daft. I thought he was exactly what we needed after the Roeder and Souness fiascos. And, at the time of the signings themselves, was pretty chuffed with our investment that summer. Unfortunately, though, they were a collection of absolute travesties, Faye and Enrique aside.

Alan Smith - fuck off.

Was it he or Fat Freddie who signed Barton because that was a disastrous signing as well, one good 6 month period where he just aimed at Carroll and the rest of the time he was either injured, suspended or in jail not to mention the horrific PR

Guest palnese

Beye was class.

I was a big fan in his first season, but quickly lost interest and there it wasn't a surprise him being one of the first out the door.

:thup:

Guest bimpy474

Alan Smith - fuck off.

Was it he or Fat Freddie who signed Barton because that was a disastrous signing as well, one good 6 month period where he just aimed at Carroll and the rest of the time he was either injured, suspended or in jail not to mention the horrific PR

Barton was a Fat Sam signing.

Alan Smith - fuck off.

Forgot Barton, like. He was his first. £5.5m £5.8m. He had his good spells and I was disappointed by the time he left but, all in all, another rubbish signing.

Beye was class.

I was a big fan in his first season, but quickly lost interest and there it wasn't a surprise him being one of the first out the door.

:thup:

He was injured for most of the second season thanks for that prick Cattermole. Was fantastic when he played centrally for the last few games of the season.

There's no way we'd have been relegated under Allardyce, no way. He's too good a manager to have let that happened, as much as he's dislikeable as a chap.

Agreed.

Now... the game has developed a bit and i'm not so sure a side of his wouldn't get relegated. I thought the same thing about MO'N but S'land would've gotten relegated last season with him at the helm.

There's no way we'd have been relegated under Allardyce, no way. He's too good a manager to have let that happened, as much as he's dislikeable as a chap.

Agreed.

Now... the game has developed a bit and i'm not so sure a side of his wouldn't get relegated. I thought the same thing about MO'N but S'land would've gotten relegated last season with him at the helm.

i think ronaldo was taking the piss.............wasn't he ?

I never got how he achieved media darling status to begin with when hes just at best your bang average hoof merchant and theres nothing progressive about his football in the slightest even in any kind of young english policy (his tendency has been older players)

English, overachieved (and tbf did a good job) at smaller clubs with no expectations so can play the didn't get a chance with big clubs cos of forrins cards, "hounded out of SJP", Fergies mate, Jay Jay Okocha did tricks, talks a good game and likes a pint, etc. etc.

The thing with Bolton, is that he signed seasoned (okay pretty old) internationals on decent wage packets. He could've spent more on fees if he wanted too but he brought in lads on some decent wedge for a few years instead.

IMO he's a disease though. After he leaves a club, the club will likely get relegated.

Agreed.

i think ronaldo was taking the piss.............wasn't he ?

About Allardyce? Nah. No way we'd have gone down under him, no way in a million years.

Agreed.

i think ronaldo was taking the p*ss.............wasn't he ?

About Allardyce? Nah. No way we'd have gone down under him, no way in a million years.

still can't decide if you're taking the piss.

fwiw I think we were dead from the pompey game with him here.