Lee Charnley

Dave

Do all of Ashley's Yes Men have a competition to see how far they can get their tongues up his arse? Or maybe that is the selection criteria? Whatever the answer they are clearly all shit scared of upsetting their boss.

Do all of Ashley's Yes Men have a competition to see how far they can get their tongues up his arse? Or maybe that is the selection criteria? Whatever the answer they are clearly all shit scared of upsetting their boss.

You don't get promoted up the ranks by questioning the ridiculousness of Mike Ashley's continued existence.

WOW guys, we exceed the financial fair play rules which only actually make a difference if you're trying to get into a competition we actively want to avoid!  CONGRATULATIONS!

The Premier League also have financial fair player regulations which have nothing to do with European competition.

He specifically refers to the UEFA rules.

I see that and its pretty stupid of him to specifically mentions those regulations given their apparent thoughts on the UEFA cup.  Just saying FYI that their are also Premier League FFP that obviously effect us whether we're in Europe or not.  Though they are certainly less stringent than UEFA's rules.

i have agonised for weeks that i have done the right thing not renewing,  i knew it was something in needed to do but after going for 30 years and having a season ticket for 25 yr and over 130 loyalty points it was a real wrench but that statement has proved once and for all that we are going nowhere and i have made the right decision.

Hate the dryness of the statement, but he's just a thoroughly uninspiring promoted money man.

If we get an ambitious director of football to work in tandem with the bloke, great. Could work out really well.

That's not going to happen though, is it.

Some right hyperbole here like. It's an official statement to present the new MD, they're not going to say "Alan Pardew is a useless t*** who we'll sack in a bit".

Yes, things are looking grim but there's no reason cutting your wrists because of this statement.

Rubbish. What we're seeing on the pitch is a direct result of the policies set out by the board of directors, and it's abundantly clear from that statement that there is no ambition whatsoever to make this club challenge for anything above existing in the Premiership. It's not something new of course, but that reads like a BoD statement of every other corporation. Absolutely no understanding of football, fan passion, etc. Hurts more than getting dicked on the pitch every forthnight.

Remember Joe Kinnear? That was a disaster. This just confirms things we already knew.

does anyone know how much the club has invested into the academy ?, the only thing i can see was wonga investing 1.5 million into the academy but i would not class that as "invested heavily "

Hate the dryness of the statement, but he's just a thoroughly uninspiring promoted money man.

If we get an ambitious director of football to work in tandem with the bloke, great. Could work out really well.

An ambitious director of football to buy 1 or 2 players per year and give them to Alan Pardew? Yeah I'm canny sure that won't work.

An ambitious director of football to buy 1 or 2 players per year and give them to Alan Pardew? Yeah I'm canny sure that won't work.

An ambitious director of football would be able to advise Charnley that sometimes the safety of the status quo an accountant might crave, is not always 'safe', nor something paying punters can get excited about.

Is there really any point supporting a club whos only ambition is to maintain a healthy bank balance? Im thinking no after reading that, it confirms nothing is going to change any time soon. What's the point in being loyal to the club, when its not the same club you fell in love with?