Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

I cant contain my excitement to think we are snatching players from the beach at a lower league Spanish team from under the noses of Barcelona and tha Madrid boys.

How far have we come in 7 years under Ashley.

You are being a bit of a Pommy snob. If it was Danny Ings (a similarly credentialed player) you would pretty satisfied surely?

Guest chopey

We have signed loads of players from lower division foreign clubs and they have all been shite but I suppose if you are an unambitious club with no interest in competitive sport then this is the type of player to sign.

I mean suppose we hit lucky and he is brilliant, just think of the transfer fee we could get for him

Ayoze has been linked with 2000000000000000000000 clubs these past months, so I wouldn't take much from this news. He's a good player though, quick skillful second striker.

Happy to see you linked with a Spanish player for a change.

We have signed loads of players from lower division foreign clubs and they have all been s**** but I suppose if you are an unambitious club with no interest in competitive sport then this is the type of player to sign.

I mean suppose we hit lucky and he is brilliant, just think of the transfer fee we could get for him

But signing young English players from the Championship (Ince, Zaha, Hughes) for big fees is ambitious? No idea if he's good enough or not but he seems highly sought after.

We have signed loads of players from lower division foreign clubs and they have all been s**** but I suppose if you are an unambitious club with no interest in competitive sport then this is the type of player to sign.

:iamatwat: Hey, i am feeling cynical too.

But if something like this makes you depressed and agitated i worry about your mental state in the future.

Incidentally, I met a girl from Newcastle while watching the Barça debacle on Saturday. She had the one of the clearest English pronunciations I have ever heard... until I asked her to put on the native accent. :o

Lovely girl, by the way.

Álvaro Ferrero

‏@alvferrero

@_GoncaloLopes A man from Newcastle came 1 month ago to see him live in Jaén pic.twitter.com/IB0WW6Rkqp

BoCNXP9IgAEO_HU.jpg

Who the f*** is that?

WHAT the fuck is that :lol:

Álvaro Ferrero

‏@alvferrero

@_GoncaloLopes A man from Newcastle came 1 month ago to see him live in Jaén pic.twitter.com/IB0WW6Rkqp

BoCNXP9IgAEO_HU.jpg

Who the f*** is that?

WHAT the fuck is that :lol:

He has a bit of Kinnear about him. Jobs for his family too?

We have signed loads of players from lower division foreign clubs and they have all been shite but I suppose if you are an unambitious club with no interest in competitive sport then this is the type of player to sign.

Bassong was gash like.

For those who haven't read this before: http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2014/4/15/ayoze-rise-of-the-boy-from-mara-jimnez

There has been no looking back in the second half of the 2013/14 season, with Ayoze finding the quality and consistency many had demanded from him to justify the hype. He has time and time again taken opponents apart - often on his own. Combining blistering speed, ability to play vertically and fine close control, it has been difficult to keep your eyes on the agile figure. Ayoze’s shown a versatility in his play too, alternating through playmaker, winger, second striker and out-and-out striker roles. That he found the clinical touch in front of goal really was the final dimension however. His ability to play on the shoulder of the last defender and utilise that pace and devastatingly sharp movement has played a considerable part in those 16 goals.