Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Guest neesy111

See I was there today, and there was definitely only about 40k there (official attendance was 44k). Huge sections dotted around everywhere with empty seats.

Shame you couldn't muster the courage to make a stand for the club you claim to support. I hope it comes in the future.

Attendance = Acceptance

For your information, not that it’s any of your business, I was there in a corporate box with work entertaining clients.

In future, keep your fucking nose out of other people’s business and decisions. Ta. 👍

You really are pathetic.

Maybe slightly sad but have requested official attendance figures from Northumbria Police. Have a vague recollection that the club are required to let the police know how many actually in the ground for health and safety reasons. Not sure if Freedom of Information Act applies here (and don't have time to look into it) but thought worth a try out of interest.

Maybe slightly sad but have requested official attendance figures from Northumbria Police. Have a vague recollection that the club are required to let the police know how many actually in the ground for health and safety reasons. Not sure if Freedom of Information Act applies here (and don't have time to look into it) but thought worth a try out of interest.

Yeah, that's been done before at other clubs. Sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't, possibly depending on whether the particular police force can be bothered. If memory serves, someone got it for Man Utd, but when someone else was trying to get it for Arsenal, they were turned down.

See I was there today, and there was definitely only about 40k there (official attendance was 44k). Huge sections dotted around everywhere with empty seats.

Shame you couldn't muster the courage to make a stand for the club you claim to support. I hope it comes in the future.

Attendance = Acceptance

For your information, not that it’s any of your business, I was there in a corporate box with work entertaining clients.

In future, keep your fucking nose out of other people’s business and decisions. Ta. 👍

You really are pathetic.

Why? I was answering the question of why I was at the match. I was at the match because part of my job requires that I take clients to the football 4-5 times a year. It's part of my job for fucks sake. We're on a rota to do it.

As I've already said multiple times on here, I gave up my personal season ticket in the summer in frustration / anger and Ashley.

How the hell does that make me pathetic? I don't expect an answer by the way... you tend to disappear when people give perfectly good responses and you can't think of a smart response.

Attendance = Acceptance

In future, keep your f***ing nose out of other people’s business and decisions. Ta. 👍

Arguably even worse.

How?

:thup:

Guessing 35k to 39k.

Shadow Puppets has finally accepted it’s less than reported :kasper:

Yeah, the Watford game was definitely significantly down on crowd. I would say 38-40k.

Maintain that from every picture I saw, the Arsenal game still looked in the 45k region to me though.

Yeah, the Watford game was definitely significantly down on crowd. I would say 38-40k.

Maintain that from every picture I saw, the Arsenal game still looked in the 45k region to me though.

I reckon 35-39k Watford.

38-42k Arsenal.

Yesterday looked very similar to the Gary Speed testimonial pictures which was 36k.

I reckon 35-39k Watford.

38-42k Arsenal.

Yesterday looked very similar to the Gary Speed testimonial pictures which was 36k.

:lol:

It really wasn't like.

I thought the crowd figure announced on Saturday looked about right tbh.

Arsenal was definitely not, but I think Watford was.

Looked nowhere near from the pictures I seen. Theres a photo showing most of the Leazes and about half of the Milburn and there's at least 7/8k empty seats there and that doesn't include the Gallowgate where the upper tier was very sparsely populated or the empty seats at the Leazes End of the East Stand.or the NE corner which was quite empty. I've been in 44k crowds at SJP before and it was a lot fuller than that.

Everyone I've spoken to who was there has given an estimate of between 35-40k.

Brighton could be the lowest PL crowd since the stadium expansion.

Needs to be below 43k i think, might be wrong.

We've had a couple of 41k PL crowds since the stadium expansion. A Sunday Sky game v Stoke and a midweek game v Blackburn were both 41k odd.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after not being able to bring myself to push the button pre-season on cancelling my ST, yesterday it finally happened. Was on the 10 year thing so i've paid for 7 months out of 12. Payments were only £36 per month but i've only been v Watford and Brighton so effectively i've paid about £125 a game. Doesn't seem any point in paying another £200 or so til the end of the season when my heart isn't in it. Me and my daughter were going to games together for 21 years, since she was 3. She chucked it in the summer. Bought a one off ticket for 'her' seat next to me for the Brighton game as she admitted to having withdrawal symptoms. Safe to say she now realises she's missing nowt. The worst possible advert to tempt her back. So there we have it. 43 years of me going regularly and 28 years as a ST holder gone at the press of a button. The decision is was made by my feeling of apathy as much as protest. An apathy brought on by Ashleys lack of ambition or even interest in the club. We've been s**t for most of my life but in the past it's bothered me when we'rent doing well. Now i barely care. Having said that about protest, if it's one more empty seat towards change then fantastic.

Guest reefatoon

Was around my father in laws a couple of days back and he said he missed the Brighton game. He hasn’t missed a game since god knows when. Was shocked to hear as I thought he would never stop going. He went to watch a local game instead. Things are definitely turning.

Well, after not being able to bring myself to push the button pre-season on cancelling my ST, yesterday it finally happened. Was on the 10 year thing so i've paid for 7 months out of 12. Payments were only £36 per month but i've only been v Watford and Brighton so effectively i've paid about £125 a game. Doesn't seem any point in paying another £200 or so til the end of the season when my heart isn't in it. Me and my daughter were going to games together for 21 years, since she was 3. She chucked it in the summer. Bought a one off ticket for 'her' seat next to me for the Brighton game as she admitted to having withdrawal symptoms. Safe to say she now realises she's missing nowt. The worst possible advert to tempt her back. So there we have it. 43 years of me going regularly and 28 years as a ST holder gone at the press of a button. The decision is was made by my feeling of apathy as much as protest. An apathy brought on by Ashleys lack of ambition or even interest in the club. We've been s**t for most of my life but in the past it's bothered me when we'rent doing well. Now i barely care. Having said that about protest, if it's one more empty seat towards change then fantastic.

It's a shit but well done you  O0

Equally sad to read as it's good to read. Hope you find something else you and your daughter can enjoy together as a substitute until the club is back to something we can all rally behind.

It's really sad that long term fans have to do this but it's the only course of action, Ashley is taking everyone of us for a mug and it has to stop.

Bruce will be gone after the January window with Chris Houghton brought back to appease the sub 36000 fans that's left every week.

It really does seem like the tide has finally turned and genuine fans won't return until Ashley has finally gone.