Worst PL Game Ever Played

Mike

Even True Faith themselves ran a whole podcast about how shit he is. They gave Edwards way too much leeway this week.

Edwards just came across as a complete prick.  Like the know nowt loudmouth down the pub who has a massively inflated regard for his own opinion and just tries to talk over everyone.

Total bellend, only just above Ryder on the window licker scale.

In terms of boring, either of the Fulham ones (at home or away both 0-0)

In terms of dogshit, Liverpool spanking us 6-0 under Pards or Pompey smashing us under Fat Sam.

Wigan 1-0 NUFC under Allardyce on Boxing Day was horrific.

3-0 defeat at home to Liverpool was utter gash. However, the worst under Allardyce had to be the defeat at Derby.

God, this thread is bringing back so many terrible memories.  Drove there and back on the day.  I think we had Viduka up top on his own, with nobody within 50 yards of him.  2 shots all game, nothing on target, Geremi and Alan Smith as wingers :lol:  Lost to another Ryan Taylor free kick.

I remember Ashley being sat near us and getting loads of fuss in the concourse at HT  :anguish:  First game I can think of when it got really toxic for Fat Sam.  Fans universally turned on him. 

I was at that one. Utterly horrific. I'm sure the only chance we had was a standing overhead kick from the edge of the box by Viduka.

Sam Allardyce after the game:

"I'm a top man in my field and I know it's not good enough, so it doesn't take much for them (fans) to work out it's not good enough. They are not daft.

The level of form they have dropped to is unacceptable. Everyone can have an off day, but our off days are really off

It was a poor performance - we couldn't cope with Wigan being high-tempo and hard-working.

Some of our players have not lived up to their reputation.

The front players have not held the ball up and the creative players have not created. Today the appetite to beat the opposition was not there.

I'm not happy to have my future in their hands."

THE BEST BIT:

"You have to roll your sleeves up, wear your heart on your sleeve and go and fight because that is what gets you out of difficult situations"

Given

Beye

Taylor

Faye

N'Zogbia

Milner

Smith

Geremi

Emre

Duff

Viduka

I was at the 2-0 defeat at home to Eriksson's Man City either just before or just after that Wigan game; was the worst one I've ever been to. Very similar starting line up to the above and we weren't in the game at a single point. Viduka up front on his own, barely touched it.

Was so exciting when we finally hit a bit of form under Keegan before the end of the season. And boy what a ride it's been since then.

West Ham 0-0, first home game in the 2013-14 season.

Pardew hadn’t been sacked, we didn’t buy Remy and hadn’t bought anyone else over the summer. Zero joy going to the first match of the season, atmosphere was shit and pretty sure the weather was too.

Allardyce had Jaaskelainan time wasting from the off and we didn’t muster a shot on target.

Absolutely gash.

Pardew hadn’t been sacked, we didn’t buy Remy and hadn’t bought anyone else over the summer. Zero joy going to the first match of the season, atmosphere was shit and pretty sure the weather was too.

Allardyce had Jaaskelainan time wasting from the off and we didn’t muster a shot on target.

Absolutely gash.

I recall an absolutely dire 0-0 at home to West Ham, a couple of games into the season around 02-03.

Guest neesy111

Absolutely gash.

I recall an absolutely dire 0-0 at home to West Ham, a couple of games into the season around 02-03.

We beat West Ham 4-0 at home in 02-03, first game of the season.

I think you're on about 05-06 under souness.

Absolutely gash.

We beat West Ham 4-0 at home in 02-03, first game of the season.

I think you're on about 05-06 under souness.

Yeah I remember the 2002 opener against West Ham, we were class. LuaLua scored a couple.

You guys have mental memories, I can remember some games I’ve seen but most fade into blur. I was at a Fulham away game in the rain where I think Cacapa gave away a pen that was bad.

The worst game I can recall wasn't a PL but a home game in the 80's - a 0-0 home draw with Oxford. I think the only reason I remember it from that far back was that it was so bad.

The only thing that happened was that at one point, the ball was going over Trevor Hebberd's head and in the middle of the field, he just jumped up and caught the ball :lol:

Never seen anything like that before or since.

Oh and one Oxford fan had a bright white jumper on. Even my friend that I was with remembers the bright white jumper.

Odd the things you remember.

There was a game under Sam Allardyce away to Fulham in December 07 where we won with a last minute penalty that Barton scored . My memory of the game is just a succession of throw ins, the ball being hoofed and tons of players under it as it came down. Worst I've ever seen . 

Daft thing was that there was a significant amount of hope at the beginning of that season. Shepherd gone, a new manager who seemed like a huge step up from Roeder/Souness, loads of new signings, fantastic pre-season (hammered Celtic then beat Juventus), Owen fit again, that Austria training camp, the opening day at Bolton. It just hopelessly unraveled in absolutely no time at all.

Daft thing was that there was a significant amount of hope at the beginning of that season. Shepherd gone, a new manager who seemed like a huge step up from Roeder/Souness, loads of new signings, fantastic pre-season (hammered Celtic then beat Juventus), Owen fit again, that Austria training camp, the opening day at Bolton. It just hopelessly unraveled in absolutely no time at all.

Only one I went too was Carlisle away which would definitely not be filed under fantastic.

Got that wrong he played badly and we lost 2-1. It was bad though

There was another Fulham away game (think it was the Allardyce one actually) which was his first game back after the Portsmouth debacle and he was quality. Weird player who started great, had that Pompey shocker, then had the odd good game and some more bad.

I remember thinking Rozehnal was going to be quality.

I know I was only 13 but that was probs the most excited I ever was for a season to start  remember  reading in one of the tabloids Terry venables saying we were dark horses for the league, and I remember believing him ... member the night after the opening  day of the season  I couldn't  sleep after the bolton game  really  thought something  special  was happening  :lol: wish I could feel like that again 

Few more from memory that I was at:

- Losing to Stoke at SJP, Perch own goal. It was fucking freezing balls that day as well. They barely filled a quarter of their allocation.

- Losing 1-0 at home Championship season to Sheffield Wed, took my missus with me, we travelled from Manchester. Had to apologise.

- Losing to Blackpool at home in the Premier League. Nasty.

- Shithousing a draw against Wigan at home when N'zogbia scored 2 goals.

Not worst PL game, but worst game I've ever been to for sheer pain for Partizan Belgrade in Champs League Qualifier at home.

I was high as fuck (terrible mistake), and we didn't play that well, and felt so empty after the pen loss. Almost cried. Really, really tough moment.