Lee Charnley

Dave

I honestly think some of it isn't down to malice or greed as much as laziness. Charnley, Ashley, Lambias before them, they don't particularly seem to have any interest in football, even though the former is supposedly a fan. They don't seem excited about the prospect of new players, they certainly aren't interested in achieving footballing success. There's people who spend their leisure time playing Champ Man and following the transfer market, and I'm sure there are a lot of chairmen, managing directors and the like who are similarly motivated by the thrill of chasing a player who might do amazing things on the pitch. We're a business for whom football is not a priority. We're not in the entertainment industry. All our corporate staff are here because they accept that. So when this is just their day job, can they really be arsed going through all the paperwork to hire a new employee, negotiate, out maneuver other clubs, when they don't have any more motivation to do so than someone at a call centre does to fit in one last akward customer at the end of a shift? You'll still get paid, fuck it, just take the afternoon off and play golf.

There's not enough people with any kind of passion for the sport anywhere near the boardroom, and so they don't have the motivation or drive to achieve even basic progress and just coast through what should be the core aspects of their role with the minimum effort.

Daniel White ‏@danwhitepr  55s55 seconds ago

Joey Barton claims the #nufc transfer committee also want to have a say on team selection. Says he was told by a prospective Manager.

Ha! Not surprised at all. Blame Pardew completely for this.

Their probably thinking to themselves look what Cabella is doing now he's being played!

Pardew has left permanent damage at this club man. Didn't play MYM, Cabella, Ben Arfa, Haidara, Anita enough at various times, and considering the money spent (which was a big deal in the owners eyes, I'm not surprised their trying to do this). Especially when we've all seen talent in these players when they featured regularly.

I mean look at the youngsters and how they never given game time. Abeid, Bigirimana, Sammy, Vuckic just left rotting in the under 21s.

I just pray we can find a promising young guy that is really all about coaching talent and then letting them express themselves.

Reading that definitely made me lament Pardew more than anything.

We know they have been trying to do it by default by selling off Pardew's favourites such as Perch so that he would play Anita instead.

I can imagine there would have been questions as to why Cabella and MYM were not being played especially as they had paid big money by our standards for those players.

So we know there has been indirect involvement but whether they actually choose the team on a Saturday (cup games excepted) I am not so sure and if so they are pretty lousy at it.

I wonder which prospective manager told Barton that.  He'll know McLaren because he spent some time at QPR but I can't imagine him confiding in Barton.  I can't think of any of the other known candidates knowing Barton.

We know they have been trying to do it by default by selling off Pardew's favourites such as Perch so that he would play Anita instead.

I can imagine there would have been questions as to why Cabella and MYM were not being played especially as they had paid big money by our standards for those players.

So we know there has been indirect involvement but whether they actually choose the team on a Saturday (cup games excepted) I am not so sure and if so they are pretty lousy at it.

I wonder which prospective manager told Barton that.  He'll know McLaren because he spent some time at QPR but I can't imagine him confiding in Barton.  I can't think of any of the other known candidates knowing Barton.

It was mentioned in that Mail article when Hughton was sacked that Ashley and Llambias interfered in picking the team and in tactics when Hughton was manager and even when Keegan was there (although apparently Keegan had none of it).

I wonder if Barton got this from Remi Garde. He's got a lot of contacts in France now from his time at Marseille.

Edit - Sorry, Mirror article not Mail.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chris-hughton-sacked-newcastle-forced-3344724

This smug looking cunt will be delighted this morning, looking forward to giving Ashley his regular blowie and explaining how much he cut off the wage bill and confirmed to the stupid Geordie bastards that he's in charge.

It was fairly well documented at the time he took over that he 'didn't understand football' yet, now he's making a few quid, he feels he can pick the team.

Fuck it, why not appoint himself head coach, assistant head coach, head coachs fluffer and be done with it.

Fucking pack of cunts honestly.

It was fairly well documented at the time he took over that he 'didn't understand football' yet, now he's making a few quid, he feels he can pick the team.

f*** it, why not appoint himself head coach, assistant head coach, head coachs fluffer and be done with it.

f***ing pack of c***s honestly.

Didn't the former owner of Crystal palace end up owning Brentford and made himself manager at some point?  Ron Noads I think he was called :lol:

Another window where he also bangs on about how difficult it is to do business yet manages to force a player out of the club on the final day of the window without time for a replacement. I'm fairly certain ousting Santon hasn't been a spur of the moment decision, just another kick to the fanbase while we're down.

Another window where he also bangs on about how difficult it is to do business yet manages to force a player out of the club on the final day of the window without time for a replacement. I'm fairly certain ousting Santon hasn't been a spur of the moment decision, just another kick to the fanbase while we're down.

So hard to do business in Jan but forgets about the Jan window where we signed Sissoko, Gouffran, Debuchy and Haidara.

They were absolutely needed due to Pardew's ill management of the team and the totall lack of summer transfer activity.

So hard to do business in Jan but forgets about the Jan window where we signed Sissoko, Gouffran, Debuchy and Haidara.

They were absolutely needed due to Pardew's ill management of the team and the totall lack of summer transfer activity.

Funny how they're happy to spend money when they think the club is a risk but never spend it when they see an opportunity. Zero sporting ambition.

I honestly think some of it isn't down to malice or greed as much as laziness. Charnley, Ashley, Lambias before them, they don't particularly seem to have any interest in football, even though the former is supposedly a fan. They don't seem excited about the prospect of new players, they certainly aren't interested in achieving footballing success. There's people who spend their leisure time playing Champ Man and following the transfer market, and I'm sure there are a lot of chairmen, managing directors and the like who are similarly motivated by the thrill of chasing a player who might do amazing things on the pitch. We're a business for whom football is not a priority. We're not in the entertainment industry. All our corporate staff are here because they accept that. So when this is just their day job, can they really be arsed going through all the paperwork to hire a new employee, negotiate, out maneuver other clubs, when they don't have any more motivation to do so than someone at a call centre does to fit in one last akward customer at the end of a shift? You'll still get paid, f*** it, just take the afternoon off and play golf.

There's not enough people with any kind of passion for the sport anywhere near the boardroom, and so they don't have the motivation or drive to achieve even basic progress and just coast through what should be the core aspects of their role with the minimum effort.

That's very well summed up. The club has been turned into a Sports Direct football club where the notion of competing, creating exciting football, aiming at a cup has been completely discarded. The staff are clearly all on bonuses for target related goals but its not about the nature of the football, it's about just how much you can trim costs but still bring in the same flow of cash.

Fatty, Fatter and Fattest. All 3 of them are bare faced liars. Fatter talked in his chronicle "interview" about having a 25 man squad hence no new players in - thats now down to only 18 if you exclude long term injuries and jonas/chucky.

c***s, the lot of them. that LIAR LIAR LIAR banner needs updating and the chronicle need to pull their shit-stained tongues out.

The contempt for the fan base at times is unbelievable. They said once we weren't spending in the summer because we liked doing business in January. Now it's hard to do business in January. It's laughable and I think a very cynical way of skipping a transfer window every now and then. Just change the policy ever now and then, so you have your ready made excuse. They seem to think we're all stupid despite us all seeing right through them.

f*** it, why not appoint himself head coach, assistant head coach, head coachs fluffer and be done with it.

Didn't the former owner of Crystal palace end up owning Brentford and made himself manager at some point?  Ron Noads I think he was called :lol:

We had a Russian millionaire attempting to do the same at several Spanish clubs. Since he didn't have UEFA badges he even posed as a photographer in order to be in the bench.

Hoddle?

We had a Russian millionaire attempting to do the same at several Spanish clubs. Since he didn't have UEFA badges he even posed as a photographer in order to be in the bench.

Absolute control freaks.  :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...