Lee Charnley

Dave

I don't think charnley can be accused of lying but every time he opens his mouth I truly hate and despair everything he says but the thing that confuses me the most is the fact that people still buy season tickets on the back of his and Ashleys terrible philosophy that making money is a lot more important than putting a good honest attacking team on the pitch that tries to win football matches.

**** BULLSHIT ALERT ****

Got told today from a supplier that Laudrup is having a second interview this week. The hp is apparently good friends with Carr. The stumbling block is Laudrup not having the final say on transfers but he expects him to sign a 5 year deal.

Like I said most probably bs but thought I would share.

**** BULLSHIT ALERT ****

Got told today from a supplier that Laudrup is having a second interview this week. The hp is apparently good friends with Carr. The stumbling block is Laudrup not having the final say on transfers but he expects him to sign a 5 year deal.

:frantic:

Not sure on Laudrup at all, but at least the football should be a damn sight better.

My only reservation on him is how often he leaves after one season :lol: I believe in his ability to manage and coach.

:thup:

People complaining over Laudrup after being stuck with Pardew for 4 years.

I'm not complaining. I just can't see it work well or last long, if it were to happen, which I seriously doubt. If what mofo says is true, then can you see it end well if the stumbling block is final say on transfers?

I think most people think it wouldn't last long tbh, that's just the type of bloke he is. If you hire him you kind of should know what you're getting.

That's my only apprehension about him, I think he'd do a good job if he came here even if it's for a short term.

People complaining over Laudrup after being stuck with Pardew for 4 years.

I'm not complaining. I just can't see it work well or last long, if it were to happen, which I seriously doubt. If what mofo says is true, then can you see it end well if the stumbling block is final say on transfers?

no same, not complaining, but it does stink of gullit to me

after pardew let's have sexy football (gullit) and proven cup winner (souness), what could go wrong when he's got the likes of mike williamson to come striding out of defence with the ball? :lol:

However there is a lot in there also that I don't agree with, the lack of succession planning, the lack of flexibility to admit you may need short term fixes like getting a better caretaker in than carver or buying/loaning a CB to get us to the end of the season still in the Prem and I'm struggling to see where our progress has been on the field in the last 4 years of Pardew. I also want to see that mission statement, and see if we are aligned to it, because we are a very profitable business or they have done a lousy job of planning and the direction needs to change because we have not progressed on the field in the time that Ashley has been at the club.

This is it like.  We keep getting told that the club should be self sustainable and the money it makes invested in the first team and yet we're sitting on around a £50m profit and leaving areas of the team desperately short.  It's obvious the actual plan is just to bank any profits and gamble on survival whilst spending the absolute bare minimum possible.

**** BULLSHIT ALERT ****

Bit of an oxymoron though? Stumbling block being no say on transfers, but still expects him to sign a long term deal despite the major stumbling block being still there, and it being a pretty well-known "restriction' that has been megaphone'd from the press/Charnley?