Lee Charnley

Dave

Tbf he is doing a decent job if he is being told to get rid of Mapou and Hatem and that Pardew is happy with the squad. Completely failed on our one main target this summer which was getting a 15-20 goal striker in. Unforgivable.

His job is surely assembling a squad good enough to progress? He has not done this one bit and we have lost Mbiwa and HBA, two players that should be starting every week - and have had no fee for either, and we're probably paying them to play elsewhere. Fuck the bald headed clampit.

He's got money for two players who the manager wasn't going to use all season. These players can still return as well should the manager leave.

I'm more annoyed on us not bringing in a cb as cover than anything else. The hba move is engineered to the best possible way to oust Pardew. It'll put massive pressure on him, much more than him staying.

All is not lost, it's a bad day but nothing irreversible.

He's got money for two players who the manager wasn't going to use all season. These players can still return as well should the manager leave.

I'm more annoyed on us not bringing in a cb as cover than anything else. The hba move is engineered to the best possible way to oust Pardew. It'll put massive pressure on him, much more than him staying.

HBA will be out of contract and will be going elsewhere no doubt. Be plenty of decent clubs willing to sign him when he inevitably shines at Hull. 

I don't really know what his role is tbf. As far as assembling a squad good enough to progress I'd say that is down to Pardew, Carr and him. Then he is the intermediary to Ashley to get the funds necessary and go out and complete the deals.

I wouldn't expect him to be anything more than a yes man, he has no background in football to make footballing decisions. Just like Pardew his is well out of his depth and probably would never be hired in any normal running club. But unlike Pardew he is closer to doing the job he has been told to though, just not the job we deserve.

I'm Batman.

HBA will be out of contract and will be going elsewhere no doubt. Be plenty of decent clubs willing to sign him when he inevitably shines at Hull.

From the sounds of it he's on loan till the next window, if Pardew goes before then we can offer him a contract and sign him back up.

Of all the realistic outcomes re hba this window, this is the best IMHO. Selling him or letting him rot would be a lot worse. It's sparked anger, let's see how it kicks off against hull.

I don't really know what his role is tbf. As far as assembling a squad good enough to progress I'd say that is down to Pardew, Carr and him. Then he is the intermediary to Ashley to get the funds necessary and go out and complete the deals.

I wouldn't expect him to be anything more than a yes man, he has no background in football to make footballing decisions. Just like Pardew his is well out of his depth and probably would never be hired in any normal running club. But unlike Pardew he is closer to doing the job he has been told to though, just not the job we deserve.

I'm Batman.

Apart from spending a decade at the club and seeing 15 managers come and go, no he's got no background in football.  :crazy2:

All his decisions have been made with logic within the restraints he has to work in. I'm sure he'd love to sack Pardew, my guess is he doesn't have the power, he'll have to convince Ashley for that to happen, hba to hull is good leverage. (Maybe giving him a bit too much credit there, but think this place needs a bit of balance compared to fuck off you bald headed cunt)

The hate divided is useless. If the fans had concentrated it all towards Pardew at the end of the season I think we could have had a new manager, instead it went straight to anti-Ashley and he dug his heels in to spite us.

If kick offs happen I hope it's aimed squarely at Pardew, not Ashley and certainly no point in this guy, not yet any way.

The hate divided is useless. If the fans had concentrated it all towards Pardew at the end of the season I think we could have had a new manager, instead it went straight to anti-Ashley and he dug his heels in to spite us.

If kick offs happen I hope it's aimed squarely at Pardew, not Ashley and certainly no point in this guy, not yet any way.

Will never happen because deep down Ashley is responsible for the overall malaise and some will never see anything other than this

The only number there that really bothers me is the Pardew one. The fact that 1 of every 6 Newcastle fans is happy with him is infuriating.

Mixed views on Charnley at this point seems about right to me and some will defend Ashley to the bitter end because of our improved financial state. Plus, it really doesn't matter how much we hate Ashley - he's going to do what he wants.

• 4 months later...