Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

The situation is hopeless, like. There will never, ever be a collective and meaningful revolt against the club from the fanbase. It's too far-reaching and comprised of too many levels of supporterdom. I was somewhat enthused by the partial emptiness - it made me feel like I wasn't the only contrarian arsehole out there. But the grim reality is: for every militant supporter who's had enough and is suffering through the torment of sacrifice, there's several hundred more grateful consumers, for whom the bigger picture means less than merely satisfying a craving for live events. Where some will only return following a change of ownership, for others a PR stunt and a cynical giveaway is all that's necessary to pull them back, or in for the first time.

That said, I don't believe for a moment this gesture of goodwill has come from anyone at the club. Ashley giving away millions of pounds worth of goods? Not a chance. He'll get benefits from it in the long run, of course, but this isn't his style. It'll be a sponsor/Premier League issue: get it sorted. That Bruce and Charnerz are trying to get brownie points is a bit sickly and characteristically disingenuous.

When do Sky/BT choose the next raft of televised matches? He's done this to make sure NUFC get their usual share otherwise they'd drop to a Bournemouth/Watford level and not get as many TV games. It'll pay for itself unfortunately.

Hopefully Sky make them all Monday night games and the Free Ticket Mags are on night-shift and can't go.

People saying take up the option and leave the seat empty obviously don't know Ashley very well. The turnstiles are all electronic so they know every season ticket that is being used and which ones aren't. If any of these free ones aren't used for the first couple of games the club will simply cancel them and release them back for matchday sales.

Which people aren't buying anyway except for the 'big games', job done.

The acid test is the games against the likes of Southampton, Norwich etc, people don't want to know even despite a decent spell.

The worm has turned.

If I cared anymore, I could put together literally hundreds of posts on here within the last two years absolutely adamant that boycotting won't have any effect at all and that "Mike Ashley doesn't care about empty seats" :rolleyes:

Guest neesy111

If I cared anymore, I could put together literally hundreds of posts on here within the last two years absolutely adamant that boycotting won't have any effect at all and that "Mike Ashley doesn't care about empty seats" :rolleyes:

:thup:

Haven’t posted on here in a while, not that people will notice to be fair as I was sporadic. Had a shit few months since summer, battling some inner demons. I’m still struggling daily. It was due to a family loss and the fact I packed in my ticket. Its been the worst 6 months of my life and I struggle to get my head off the pillow.

It’s been really hard and I haven’t watched a single minute or highlight of NUFC which has killed me. Had my ticket 20 years and to watch them just offer this is an insult to those who actually kept their ticket.

NUFC is completely dead and I really hope they go bust. Hate myself for saying that, but the majority of people deserve Ashley now. Thankfully, the majority of you folk don’t judging by the comments but it really is heartbreaking what’s happened to OUR club.

Not looking for sympathy by the way, just really culminated and hit me today that it’s gone. Completely gone. Fucking devastating.

Haven’t posted on here in a while, not that people will notice to be fair as I was sporadic. Had a shit few months since summer, battling some inner demons. I’m still struggling daily. It was due to a family loss and the fact I packed in my ticket. Its been the worst 6 months of my life and I struggle to get my head off the pillow.

It’s been really hard and I haven’t watched a single minute or highlight of NUFC which has killed me. Had my ticket 20 years and to watch them just offer this is an insult to those who actually kept their ticket.

NUFC is completely dead and I really hope they go bust. Hate myself for saying that, but the majority of people deserve Ashley now. Thankfully, the majority of you folk don’t judging by the comments but it really is heartbreaking what’s happened to OUR club.

Not looking for sympathy by the way, just really culminated and hit me today that it’s gone. Completely gone. Fucking devastating.

Whilst I completely get where you are coming from I wouldn’t say it’s completely gone. I still go with the same people I’ve gone with for a few years and I still enjoy going, the football is dire at the moment but I guess one day Ashley will be gone. Still get a buzz when we win and still feel connected.

Things could be a lot worse

Hope you get better as well, remember your postings in the past

Whilst I completely get where you are coming from I wouldn’t say it’s completely gone. I still go with the same people I’ve gone with for a few years and I still enjoy going, the football is dire at the moment but I guess one day Ashley will be gone. Still get a buzz when we win and still feel connected.

Ashley will never leave of his own free will when he can pull a stunt like this - 3 months into a boycott - with literally thousands of fans lapping it up.

Perhaps we were just beginning to make him think twice? Not now. Guess who wins again!

There’s genuinely every possibility that he could be here until his death. It’s a guaranteed money machine. I can’t believe I’m in a minority of fans that understand the potential of NOT going. I know what the potential of the club is if people still go.

Nothing. Nowhere. Until it’s too late and we become a footnote in the history of English football.

Ashley will never leave of his own free will when he can pull a stunt like this - 3 months into a boycott - with literally thousands of fans lapping it up.

Perhaps we were just beginning to make him think twice? Not now. Guess who wins again!

There’s genuinely every possibility that he could be here until his death. It’s a guaranteed money machine. I can’t believe I’m in a minority of fans that understand the potential of NOT going. I know what the potential of the club is if people still go.

Nothing. Nowhere. Until it’s too late and we become a footnote in the history of English football.

I do see the viewpoint of not going, I just don’t agree with it myself. I don’t think he’s any more likely to go/ not go either way.

Will go when someone pays over the odds, think it could happen any time regardless of what the fans are doing to protest

As I said I don’t agree not going makes him more likely to sell so I’m happy to keep going as I love going to the game

Guest reefatoon

I do see the viewpoint of not going, I just don’t agree with it myself. I don’t think he’s any more likely to go/ not go either way.

Will go when someone pays over the odds, think it could happen any time regardless of what the fans are doing to protest

As I said I don’t agree not going makes him more likely to sell so I’m happy to keep going as I love going to the game

That last sentence, you only needed to say the bit in bold. The first part of that sentence is just lame excuses made up to justify the second part of your sentence. He is giving away free tickets. That is showing it is making an impression on him and that's with a 10k drop. Imagine if it was another 10k on top of that.

That last sentence, you only needed to say the bit in bold. The first part of that sentence is just lame excuses made up to justify the second part of your sentence. He is giving away free tickets. That is showing it is making an impression on him and that's with a 10k drop. Imagine if it was another 10k on top of that.

Well it’s not really. I genuinely don’t agree.

You are happy to have a nothing football club with zero ambition.

I’m not.

We are hardly a nothing football club, we are in the top 10 of English football.but I guess that fits your rhetoric so I won’t argue

I’m not living by that motto but we are hardly completely fucked at the moment

The ambition will come again when we get sold no doubt

Don’t think fans attending the game will slow down or speed that up, I’m not having a go at anyone with the opposite opinion, but it seems the other way round you can’t accept another viewpoint and resort to name calling and derision

Guest reefatoon

I’m not living by that motto but we are hardly completely fucked at the moment

The ambition will come again when we get sold no doubt

Don’t think fans attending the game will slow down or speed that up, I’m not having a go at anyone with the opposite opinion, but it seems the other way round you can’t accept another viewpoint and resort to name calling and derision

You are right about the last part. It does start to get a bit daft. I think it is borne out of frustration though. People shooting things down without trying is hard to grasp. We have never tried a full boycott, just saying "I don't think it will work" to carry on going is an easy option. There is no guarantees it would work and there is also no guarantees it wouldn't work. But surely giving it a try is something? Instead of just shooting it straight down.

I’m not.

We are hardly a nothing football club, we are in the top 10 of English football.but I guess that fits your rhetoric so I won’t argue

Yes you are otherwise you'd stop going, it's that simple.

I’m not.

It’s not as I’ve just said you can have more than one viewpoint on it

I’m not.

Attendance = Acceptance

Keep kidding yourself though.

I’m not.

Attendance = Acceptance

My point is it is in your eyes, that doesn’t mean that is true you are basically just blind to any other view

I’m not.

Attendance = Acceptance

My point is it is in your eyes, that doesn’t mean that is true you are basically just blind to any other view

How is attending not acceptance of the situation then?

It's impossible to prove or disprove whether sustained boycott would work, since the vast majority of fans won't even at least fucking attempt it.

Any protest that has affected Ashley's image or bottom line to any significant degree has always been met with a reaction from Ashley, whether it's a ramping up of PR campaigns saying a sale is imminent, media interviews from a guy who was once a hermit, player purchases, free tickets, whatever.

We're seeing that reaction under not much pressure at all, how on earth anyone can say with certainty that half a season of sub 35k attendances wouldn't tip the balance in our favour is beyond me.  Seems a very convenient opinion to hold when you "just love going to the match".  Some of us used to love going to the match as well but won't support this voluntary glass ceiling the club has imposed on itself for over a decade now.