Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Think I remember an oppositon player putting the ball out for a corner rather than a throw in once to avoid the Delap long throw.

It's weird that it was only late in his career that a manager realised Delap had such a long throw. Sure he was a junior javelin record holder or something. I read he gets really annoyed that he made like 400 career appearances but all he's remembered for is his long throw

I remember Aaron Hughes doing similar in a cup game down at Tranmere when they had Challinor. He was down near the corner being pressured and he was going to put it out for a throw, but played a risky backpass instead. :lol:

Absolutely loving this Peter Crouch podcast. Such a cool peek behind the curtains.

Oh man I love it too. At first I didn’t like one of his co hosts, the Watford fan but he’s grown on me a little bit. Can’t believe they did a Crouch fest and (I think) sold out the 02. I really wish they just strictly covered his Liverpool career honestly. Then we can get some Rafa insight. That’s all I want tbh. I’ll be honest, sometimes I don’t like when he said that he retired because he thought he was becoming a gimmick player. He should have embraced it for as long as he could. I mean he had a long career but maybe he could have played longer.

This is a really random thought but I don’t know why James Ward Prowse is still at Southampton. It’s so obvious he’s going to be one of those hard working pro type players. I really hope he doesn’t go to City and become a squad player. I think he could be Ander Herrera esque at Man Utd. I hope he starts his entire career. He’s good enough. Stupid James Milner went to City and sat on the bench. Yeah he won trophies but he spent some prime years sitting on the bench. I think I looked this up but he never started any of their final victories(did come on as a sub when they lost to Wigan) i mean Gareth Barry was starting over him in that City midfield. Gareth Barry?!? I don’t know. 

Guest Howaythetoon

I love how Liverpool and Man City defend most in their attacking third.

KK - best form of defence is attack/defend from front. Rafa similar, only we had to do that a lot off the ball under him.

It would be interesting to see a comparison graph after we signed Almiron...