Female commentators - yay or nay?

Big Geordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If they're good, aye. If they're shite, no.

A rare accurate post.

Yeah, only male commentators should be allowed to be shite.

Exactly, loads of men are allowed to be shit commentators. Like with Sian Massey, people saying it's OK for women to run the line as long as they've expertly studied the game, the same people who scream at male linesmen every game for being fucking clueless.  A male referee gave a free kick against us for encroachment on a penalty :lol: 

Rank, this whole thread is rank.

The correct answer is yes, with no secondary qualifying statement to appease sexists. Just yes.

Fwiw I wasn't trying to appease any sexists with my comment, I don't want to listen to men who aren't knowledgeable either, I'll quite happily watch a game on mute if someone like Owen is commentating :thup:

Alex Scott often does the job (as a pundit, not sure if I've heard her commentate) better than many men.

Alex Scott is refreshing as a pundit because she has a genuine knowledge and enthusiasm for the game that shines through when she talks about it. She isn't just talking because she loves the sound of her own voice.

She hasn't got a fucking clue what should or shouldn't be given as a foul mind but that's not because she's a lass, it's because she spent her career at Arsenal.

Never heard Doris Burke commentate but her name sounds like she should be a character in the Viz.

Alex Scott often does the job (as a pundit, not sure if I've heard her commentate) better than many men.

Alex Scott is refreshing as a pundit because she has a genuine knowledge and enthusiasm for the game that shines through when she talks about it. She isn't just talking because she loves the sound of her own voice.

She hasn't got a fucking clue what should or shouldn't be given as a foul mind but that's not because she's a lass, it's because she spent her career at Arsenal.

Never heard Doris Burke commentate but her name sounds like she should be a character in the Viz.

Doris Burke, Parish Clerk.

:lol: The fuck is this thread? When I heard Jacqui Oatley got the Sunday Supplement gig I thought "Good. She'll have to have been twice as good as any fucker else to get there." Hope she knocks it out the park.

Sadly not surprised at who said what in here. :(  :booboo: