Female commentators - yay or nay?

Big Geordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Currently listening to Bournemouth v Watford on 5Live and they have Karen Carney in summarizing on the game. Now I may well be showing my age here, but is it wrong for me to prefer men only commentating on football games? BBC have been pushing for inclusion in recent years, both on the likes of MotD and 5Live. I think Talksport have joined in, though Sky and BT seem to be resisting for now.

Seems to work very well in cricket (Alison Mitchell apart) - Isa Guha, Ebony R-Braint  and Mel Jones are really good to the point I barely notice they are female

They have some really good views on the game so really enjoy their insight

Football - havent really liked anyone so far

I don’t mind them per se. Nothing wrong with women commentators but yeah there is one with a really annoying high pitched voice when she tries to get excited. Sounds fake and it hurts my ears.

Id say generally no.  The level they played at is far below mens football. The BBC wouldnt have soneone from the northern premier league commemtatimg so why have a woman?

Rachel brown is embarassingly bad

:whistle: Commentators aren't ex players :whistle:

Id say generally no.  The level they played at is far below mens football. The BBC wouldnt have soneone from the northern premier league commemtatimg so why have a woman?

:whistle: Commentators aren't ex players :whistle:

Original poster states 'karen carney is summarising the game'

🤔🙄🙄

Would rather listen to Myra Hindley on commentary than Michael Owen.

I just want to hear commentators who actually know what they're talking about and have some insight into the game. Don't care if the voice is male, female or a robot to be honest.

Male commentators - yay or nay? I can't stand most of them. Cliche spouting bores.

The option Amazon had to have no commentary was great. I think it was an option on Sky ages ago. If you were at a football match next to someone who wittered on like a TV football commentator you'd not be happy.

Fuck are you talking about? What brilliant level did Martin Tyler and Clive tyldsley play at? :lol:

Male commentators - yay or nay? I can't stand most of them. Cliche spouting bores.

The option Amazon had to have no commentary was great. I think it was an option on Sky ages ago. If you were at a football match next to someone who wittered on like a TV football commentator you'd not be happy.

Definitely nay, they’re 90% awful.

A big no for me and I'm not sexist.  I much prefer men with knowledge and experience of playing the game to do the punditry and commentary.  I  only part watched a game with a female commentating and I hated it, completely ruined the game for me so I switched off after 15 minutes

A big no for me and I'm not sexist.  I much prefer men with knowledge and experience of playing the game to do the punditry and commentary.  I  only part watched a game with a female commentating and I hated it, completely ruined the game for me so I switched off after 15 minutes

Actually, you are sexist.

No I'm not. I like the to listen to whoever is best at the the job in hand and so far, in my opinion, they have all been men. It's like saying we must have more black managers but I don't care what colour they are I just want the best person for the job