Andy Cole

Paully

Guest firetotheworks

Watching the Entertainers video the other day, I really did take it for granted when I was a kid like. It was just like 'ah yeah, Peter Beardsley' just totally spoilt by those two. They were absolutely lethal, the best partnership I've probably seen for us. I thought Bergkamp and Henry were better and I had them as my perfect duo, but I'm not sure they better link up play like. Those two were like one person.

Watching the Entertainers video the other day, I really did take it for granted when I was a kid like. It was just like 'ah yeah, Peter Beardsley' just totally spoilt by those two. They were absolutely lethal, the best partnership I've probably seen for us. I thought Bergkamp and Henry were better and I had them as my perfect duo, but I'm not sure they better link up play like. Those two were like one person.

Experiencing it as an adult was special. Watching that magic happen and appreciating how different it was from the norm, man. Thinking "OMG This has to get rammed in the long term memory because it won't last". Like a 2 year sporting orgasm :lol:

My fav Andy Cole moment was when he and his bum buddy was sold because a 45 year old Sheringham kept showing him up on the pitch. Teddy took out two players even as a granddad. Cole wasn't special just a Stan Collymore without the mental breakdown.

Guest Howaythetoon

My fav Andy Cole moment was when he and his bum buddy was sold because a 45 year old Sheringham kept showing him up on the pitch. Teddy took out two players even as a granddad. Cole wasn't special just a Stan Collymore without the mental breakdown.

Cole was exceptional man, easily one of the best strikers to have graced the top-flight in the past 20 years or so. For us he was a goal machine, but could also play. The fact he was part of not 1 but 3 very good partnerships suggests he had a lot to his own game. He made perfect runs, was good with either foot and boy could he climb. He was also very quick footed and had bags of pace. Collymore? :lol: He was a talented striker, but ultimately he belongs in the same bracket as Martins, Cisse etc.

Guest Howaythetoon

Cole was pure unadulterated joy. God knows what it was like for all the old gadgies watching him and that era, because for me as a kid it was fucking sensational.

The abiding memory of Cole's time here is of him and Clarkie celebrating, smiling, laughing, chasing each other and just living the fucking dream as young kids with the fans on the stands cheering wildly while KK and Terry Mac fist pumped the air and hugged each other.

Every fucking week man!

It was Mardi Gras at SJP.

Scored all those goals for us and I don't think any of them were penalties. I vaguely remember him missing one once though.

It's completely unthinkable that a striker would score 41 goals in 1 season for us again, never mind having another 20+ just behind him. We only scored 48 in total last year :lol:

Oh, Kevin. Save us.

Guest firetotheworks

Cole was pure unadulterated joy. God knows what it was like for all the old gadgies watching him and that era, because for me as a kid it was f***ing sensational.

The abiding memory of Cole's time here is of him and Clarkie celebrating, smiling, laughing, chasing each other and just living the f***ing dream as young kids with the fans on the stands cheering wildly while KK and Terry Mac fist pumped the air and hugged each other.

Every f***ing week man!

Remember doing the Cole Clark celebration in the yard. Halcyon days.

Guest Howaythetoon

Cole was pure unadulterated joy. God knows what it was like for all the old gadgies watching him and that era, because for me as a kid it was f***ing sensational.

The abiding memory of Cole's time here is of him and Clarkie celebrating, smiling, laughing, chasing each other and just living the f***ing dream as young kids with the fans on the stands cheering wildly while KK and Terry Mac fist pumped the air and hugged each other.

Every f***ing week man!

21 years old, first season in the top flight for player and team, rookie manager. In many ways it was the perfect season, the best I've certainly seen from us. Teams feared us and Cole. It has to be said though, that KK team created upto 10 chances per game at times and it was often relentless. Cole had Beardsley, Lee, Sellars and Clark among others working chances for him. Mind, he was lethal in the box, just a sniff and it was a goal. He was a 1 in 2 chance type striker for us, at Man Utd a 1 in 5. I think that's because Man Utd played a totally different style to us as did Cole for them. Halcyon days man.

I'm with HTT, Cole is my absolute favourite and he was incredible for us.

I went to a talk with Steve 'Blackie' Black last year who told a few stories about Cole. To cut a long story short he was the type that would rather score and lose 2-1 than win 3-0 but not score

I wish I had access to football during Keegan's entire reign as manager for Newcastle.  I loved seeing the Big Hits DVD and he scored what looked like the easiest damn hat trick versus Liverpool at SJP.

Guest firetotheworks

Rarely seen anyone more hungry for goals, all that was on his mind. Strikers like him don't really exist any more.

Nearest I've seen to it for us was Cisse, but only for those 13 or 14 matches, or whatever it was.

Guest firetotheworks

Remember speaking to a Manyoo "supporter" not so long ago, eulogising about Andy Cole. I got "He never played for Newcastle, did he?" Who do you think made him you prick?!?

He sounds like the embodiment of a stereotype.

Guest firetotheworks

He was class for us but Beardsley deserves a lot of credit too for setting many of them up. Ruined everything by being a dick at Wembley.

Definitely, although it was a two-way thing with Cole and Beardsley. Remember Cole's assist vs QPR? Absolutely incredible goal.

He was class for us but Beardsley deserves a lot of credit too for setting many of them up. Ruined everything by being a dick at Wembley.

Definitely, although it was a two-way thing with Cole and Beardsley. Remember Cole's assist vs QPR? Absolutely incredible goal.

Possibly still my favourite NUFC goal of all time, it's always the one that comes to mind.