Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Didn't Burnley start off terribly last season ad well?

Would love to see them finally relegated, their football is terrible and seemingly just getting worse and worse.

They have brought no one in during the transfer window, and have let players go. Apparently they don’t have the money. Theirs owners actually fear for the future.

Unless they start beating teams like us, they are gone.

Easier ride this season for Bruce, given some much poorer sides and squads in the league imo.

Fulham, West Brom bye bye and anyone from Burnley, Sheff utd and Brighton.

SportsDirect Utd around 14th/13th/12th.

Glory days indeed.

Brighton wont be anywhere near. I think Sheffield Utd will be fine too.

I think Brighton will be okay, they’ve had a tough start and were unlucky against Chelsea and Man United.

I think West Brom, Fulham, Sheffield United and Burnley will make up the bottom 4. If Wilson get picks up a few injuries then we will be with them too.

Brighton look really good tbf.

They do but their performances don't necessarily translate into results (the same was true last season and they were in the relegation battle until the penultimate weekend I think?) They'll be down about there but will ultimately stay up.

• 3 weeks later...

If WBA win tonight then we could be looking over our shoulders a bit the next month. Can’t see Brighton losing though and we’d already be looking 5 points between the bottom 4 and the rest of the league. I mean, we’ve only lost 2 all season and we’ve gifted 3 goal away wins to two bottom 6 teams.

The league is dreadful like, the bottom 5 clubs have played 26 games collectively and won 1. Standard is fucking rank. Just need to be a little bit better than utter pigshit and you'll stay up.

Guest neesy111

The league is dreadful like, the bottom 5 clubs have played 26 games collectively and won 1. Standard is fucking rank. Just need to be a little bit better than utter pigshit and you'll stay up.

Yeap, some of those in the bottom 5 will improve like Brighton.  I think we'll finish 17th.

As I said in the Project Rich Cunts thread, there is so much dross in the league that reducing it to 18 teams isn’t the worst idea (unless it was motivated by greed and power)

Really being better means accepting how bad you are and how few points you need. Sometimes it's the teams that try to play too much that end up conceding too many.

Inspiring.

Agreed. It's ridiculously competitive and the weirdness of the wider circumstances is obviously adding to it.

The table looks 'weird' at the moment, with at least three outsiders in the top 6, and with Arsenal, Man City and Man Utd all in the bottom half. Of course, this isn't unusual for a season's opening weeks; and whilst I'm sure it'll 'sort itself out' to some extent (i.e. ManC will probs get into the top half like) - I wouldn't be remotely susprised to see the entire division littered with surprising finishes come May. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that the likes of Everton and Leeds sustain their form and both finish in the top 6, for instance.

And I've still absolutely no doubt we'll be a country mile away from the bottom three; most likely stinking up the fat no-mark section between 9th-14th.