Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

I still hate Dumbshit for what it's worth. Haidara's the better of the two and doesn't get a game. Prove's how bad he is at left back that he looks better out of position at centre back.

Why do you hate him? He gives his all in every game and seems to be a sound lad. Yes he might not be good enough but that's another matter.

I still hate Dumbshit for what it's worth. Haidara's the better of the two and doesn't get a game. Prove's how bad he is at left back that he looks better out of position at centre back.

Why do you hate him? He gives his all in every game and seems to be a sound lad. Yes he might not be good enough but that's another matter.

Because the minimum I expect from a professional footballer is to be able to control a football. He's a horrendous footballer and I don't give a fuck if he's trying his best, I'd try my best if given the chance to play for Newcastle but I'd still be shit. Main reason I dislike him as his presence is keeping a far better player out of the side. End of the day you watch football to see superior athletes and talents play football and Paul Dummett is not that.

Because the minimum I expect from a professional footballer is to be able to control a football. He's a horrendous footballer and I don't give a f*** if he's trying his best, I'd try my best if given the chance to play for Newcastle but I'd still be s***. Main reason I dislike him is he

is presence is keeping a far better player out of the side. End of the day you watch football to see superior athletes and talents play football and Paul Dummett is not that.

You should put your anger towards Pardew instead and kill him.

Because the minimum I expect from a professional footballer is to be able to control a football. He's a horrendous footballer and I don't give a f*** if he's trying his best, I'd try my best if given the chance to play for Newcastle but I'd still be s***. Main reason I dislike him is he

is presence is keeping a far better player out of the side. End of the day you watch football to see superior athletes and talents play football and Paul Dummett is not that.

You should put your anger towards Pardew instead and kill him.

If only. Tbf to Dummett at least he's not got Stevie Bantz personality, I hate Dummett on a purely footballing level

But I do think Dummett has more potential than Haidara.

Can I ask you what makes you think this? I genuinely don't see it at all.

There's not a lot to choose between them, but I'm not surprised that Dummett has edged ahead.

I think CD had a good point when he said that Haidara took more risks. Dummett is playing very conservatively at the moment, but I reckon there' s more to come from him going forward, once he gains more confidence and his judgement improves. He's not the clogger that some on here seem to think.

By contrast Haidara's touch on the ball is more erratic than his supporters believe. Last night, he looked quite clumsy going forward on two or three occasions. It's true enough that he's more enterprising, and he's the better athlete, but he's still at the beginning stages of the learning curve.

It's very tough for young defenders in the Premier league, because the standard is now so high that they only have to be slightly out of position, and they're done. Both look a bit vulnerable in defence at the moment, but again I'd back Dummett at this moment because he plays with that bit more aggression and he's good in the air.

Dummett will never, ever flourish going forward. I've watched him knock simple passes 10 yards out of touch when under the slightest bit of pressure.

He'll move to centre half, over the next couple of years. You can coach Haidara to defend better, Dummett's technical ability can't get the same treatment.

Other than the obvious association with Pardew, I don't get the negativity towards him at all. He's a young lad relatively new to PL football who's looked very solid defensively and a goal threat. If he was brilliant on the ball in addition to those qualities he'd be at another club.

The Steven Taylor comparisons don't wash either. He was costing us goals left, right and centre during his first 4 years in the team and arguably beyond.

Other than the obvious association with Pardew, I don't get the negativity towards him at all. He's a young lad relatively new to PL football who's looked very solid defensively and a goal threat. If he was brilliant on the ball in addition to those qualities he'd be at another club.

The Steven Taylor comparisons don't wash either. He was costing us goals left, right and centre during his first 4 years in the team and arguably beyond.

Tend to agree with this. The fucking cretin didn't do him any favours making him take the set-pieces when he first came into the team.

Dummett will never, ever flourish going forward. I've watched him knock simple passes 10 yards out of touch when under the slightest bit of pressure.

He'll move to centre half, over the next couple of years. You can coach Haidara to defend better, Dummett's technical ability can't get the same treatment.

This basically.

Guest alijmitchell

Jesus people want to get a grip. Imagine hating a guy because he keeps better players out the side? Fuck me. Imagine any of us being given the chance to play. How many would step aside? The guy wants to play and gets picked by a knob of a manager. He isn't a fuckin serial killer

Guest alijmitchell

I mean obviously. I made an ott statement in order to provoke a response. The point is that to hate a guy like dummett, I mean what has he really done to deserve that. He's a limited player that's it.

Guest zicomartin

Dummett is between Taylor and Colloccini in height with less technical ability than both. 

All three are under 6'1".

Why does numbnuts  think thats a good thing?

Jesus people want to get a grip. Imagine hating a guy because he keeps better players out the side? Fuck me. Imagine any of us being given the chance to play. How many would step aside? The guy wants to play and gets picked by a knob of a manager. He isn't a fuckin serial killer

If this is aimed at me, I don't hate him as a person, I hate him as a footballer.

If he'd come in and played centre back all along people probably wouldn't have an issue but having a player at FB who at best is a one touch and cross/punt player in the current climate is painful. Sums up everything people are frustrated with when it comes it to the dickhead in charge and NUFC.

If he'd come in and played centre back all along people probably wouldn't have an issue but having a player at FB who at best is a one touch and cross/punt player in the current climate is painful. Sums up everything people are frustrated with when it comes it to the dickhead in charge and NUFC.

He was immediately bombed out of centre half after Fletcher beat him in the air at the SOS NPW.

For me it's just the association with Pardew and how he publicly compared Dummett to Haidara, calling the latter overly flashy, and how he prefers someone with graft. He epitomizes the Pardew mentality, but yes, he personally hasn't done much to be hated for. If we have somehow unearthed a CB in him, I'm happier than I've ever been with him. I just don't want him at fullback.