Chris Hughton

Keefaz

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/19/championship-newcastle-united-sheffield-wednesday

Chris Hughton, Newcastle's caretaker manager, now boasts an eminently respectable seven point tally from the opening three League games and judging by the surprisingly high decibel level the home fans - in far louder voice than at many Premier League games last season - are, against all odds, rather enjoying it all.

Small wonder Hughton hinted he would quite like to have the 'caretaker' label removed from his office door.

"It was a wonderful finish from Shola in front of a wonderful crowd," beamed the former Tottenham coach before delivering a not so subtle message to David O'Leary, Joe Kinnear and whoever else might fancy the job should Moat's attempted takeover fall through and Alan Shearer's hopes of a managerial return fade away. "I'm very much enjoying the challenge so far and I'm very happy to continue until further notice," said Hughton. "If that turns out to be a long period I'd be very happy."

f*** off Hughton. His shitness is only acceptable because he's not a manager, not close to one. Now that he thinks he is one, he needs to be told sooner rather than later to f*** off. We can't afford to waste time with yet more s***, bottling cowards in charge of the first team.

Jesus.  He said nothing of the sort.  Some of you people are as mad as the tabloids.

When the takeover happens, Shearer comes in, and Hughton gets a well done handshake.  If it doesn't happen and we are faced with a choice between Hughton and whatever 'Remember the 90s?' managerial pick Ashley has up his sleeve, then I pick Hughton.

He's only said he's happy to continue until someone else comes in. Is that a remarkable comment like?

Well, not quite. He said he'd be 'very happy' if he were to continue in charge 'for a long period'.

Guest Marley_The_Dog

Btw, it was The Guardian who interpreted Hughton's comments in this fashion: not me.

Its your thread title

:D

Oh, f*** off.

GGGRRRRRRRRRRR